 General / 20410
Re: Lunar Mining Colony
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 02:31:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.trains, Brian H. Nielsen writes:
  I've updated my web site with pictures of my lunar mining colony -
Copernicus City.

I was wondering why this was posted to .trains...  now I know. Very cool. Some
nice touches there. I like the focus on practical (bootstrapping is a viable
technique for building an extraterran industrial infrastructure) as well as
the acknowledgement that rails, even in low gravity, still have a place in
industrial operations.

(see the Mars Trilogy by K S Robinson... good stuff)

Nicely done! I want to see more rolling stock, though...

++Lar

   More rolling stock is in the plans for when the mining operation gets up to
speed and the associated industrial complex is established.  The first
priority was to survive and establish the initial base.

Brian

P.S. The dark grey mountain houses the speed regulator.