 General / 20178
20177  |  20179
Subject:
Gary's new EMAIL ID & announcements.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:25:00 GMT

Folks,

This Friday July 21 is my last day working at the University of
Michigan.  Therefore my current EMAIL id gistok@umich.edu will no longer
work after that date.

Yesterday I got my new home computer connected and internet access.  My
new EMAIL address is:  gistok@earthlink.net

I will be taking a month or two off to enjoy my summer.  It has been 24
years since I have had at least a month off.  In that time I will be
doing a MAJOR sorting of all my LEGO (currently about 600,000+ pieces).
It has been in need of major sorting.  I have hundreds of boxes (many
non-LEGO boxes) to sort through.  I hope to get it all in order so that
those of you who have been patient with me (as far as trades go) we will
be able to complete our transactions.

On another note, I will finally be able to complete my large cathedral.
And I will be working on my new CENTRAL STATION (train station) with a
Grand Central Station style entranceway flanked by twin 18 story office
towers.

Since I got a scanner with my new PC, I will finally be able to scan and
post many many different unique and rare LEGO items such as....... a
1970 LEGO Samsonite Dealer Catalog,  all the different styles of LEGO
parts packs from 1956-65, a 1962 Hudson's Department Store Samsonite
LEGO Christmas LEGO display, and some of the rare wooden box LEGO sets
from 1957-68.  Future items that I want to build, photograph and scan
are all 10 of the different (1957-65) Town Plan layouts using the old
and new Town Plan Boards.

I also will have time to build a larger website, not on borrowed
webspace.  Right now I am on webspace that Larry P. has graciously
provided me, including the work that went into posting and text.  Thanks
Again Lar!!

Then at some point I have to start looking for a new job.  I have a
couple of prospects already (one for a major retailer that sells
LEGO!!), that might curtail my time off.  But I've done so well in the
stock market recently, that I'm in no hurry.

The best is yet to come.....

Gary Istok
gistok@earthlink.net