 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7128
Re: Would anyone here pay $500 for a MISB 7710 train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 05:44:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dietmar Stuever writes:

but would anyone pay that much for an old whizzle controlled 4.5 V train
from the very early 70s. number is 118/138. (yes, i do have one)

I wouldn't pay more for a copy than Abner did for his.

I forget what he paid exactly but it was a MINT and I do mean MINT in sealed
MINT box copy... it still smelled new when he took the shrinkwrap off in front
of us and the box hadn't even gotten the warping from a bit of damp that most
shrinkwrapped sets get. I think it was (of course) from Italy. I am pretty
sure he paid significantly less than 500 for it.

(ah the glories of living off a trust fund... )

So that's a long winded way of saying "no" I wouldn't go 500 USD. And I have
deeper pockets and a more acquisitive nature than most. I'll give you 500 DM
for it, though.

++Lar