 Trains / *23815 (-100)
  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) Ya, he's gotten all vinegary and his cork has dried out. Er no, that's not quite right. Anyway, nice station, I will be happy to see it fleshed out with lots and lots of people (make sure you include some buskers!) and litter and vending (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

John, Great looking subway station! Sorry if I missed it, but what LED's did you use? Did you stay with a 9V system, or how techy was the electrical system made? I tried finding some stuff a while back to do an internal lighting scene, and couldn't (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pioneer Zephyr

(...) Since you have already committed to using half-rounds for your curves on the roof, I would suggest staying with half-rounds and using them for the front as well, kind of like what I did here for my Hiawatha: (URL) Good work, Stefan, on an (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) Well, have you been naughty or nice?;-) (Twas my plan to do so:-) JOHN (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) Oh, I wasn't accusing you of.....mutilation! (besides, that Ricky's job;-) I was talking about the use on non LEGO stuff. Of course, my first ever mutilation was influenced by your cutting of the 5571 wheels... But now that we have BBB to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) How about tossing in a teaser photo for us? Think of it as giving the gang an early X-mas gift. Adr. (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pioneer Zephyr

(...) Well, after digging around, I found out that I did indeed have enough tiles to test out a tiled nose: (URL) -Stefan- (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) But I didn't modify any bricks to use those LEDs. We just stuck 'em into Technic plates, and they fit great. I've been building with the GMLTC for about 10 years now. Yea, I'm old... JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) It's a beautiful setup, and now you say it's a family effort. Wonderful! Let your kids know they do awesome work. Take care, Dave K (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Mark - that's very neat. I may just can mine and start using these instead. Jason R (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Proving I "still got it"

(...) LOL, that was the RSD4, this is the RS3 :-P (...) Sounds good, I'll see when it gets close to that state in the brick... (...) The AS616 inital preview is done, but by the time I see you, it'll probly be rolling...;-) GP series is next... Josh (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) Thanks for saying so, Scott. The irony is that I call him Rosco all the time! :-) BTW, I can hardly wait to take pics and post his latest project that he recently finished! JOHN (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) Acutally, ROSCO is Ross Crawford, I believe... just do a "up" on the picture to find the person's name. Eric, we have to educate you on the train people...Ross Neal is John Neal's son--remember the Mr. Roger's trolley at Brickswest? John did (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) Now don't get me wrong, Rob. You are indeed evil. But let's give evil it's due here. I think JohnG stuck LEDs into the GMLTC layout about the time your LTC was starting up. His evil is old;-) Now, if and when the TCLTC electrifies its street (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) I (...) lot], (...) lights (...) all of (...) is (...) What have I done???? I've created a monster, and it's spreading! It's like a plague!!! MODS, MODS, MODS... and I am the Evil Mastermind! Mwaaaahahhahahahaaah...aaa!!!!!!! bm (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) Thanks to Eric for the compliments. Some comments: This is a pic of the TCLTC's subway. First, some credit where it is due. I first saw LEDs used in the GMLTC subway by John Gerlach and liked them a lot, but struggled with the non-purity idea, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Thanks for the work putting this all together! It's good to know other folks won't have to go through the same hours of searching that I did when I was looking for ideas on doing this. :) One minor note: You don't need to modify the switch for (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Thanks for collecting all this useful information in one place! May I resubmit my design for (hopefully) improved marks on aesthetics? :-) (URL) Cheers, Mark (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) It's a big Belville or Scala plate, I think. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) The great advantage of directional control is that you don't need to look at (or sense, with Mindstorms) the position of the point. You can apply power for two seconds and just leave it to operate. I realise it can be a difficult balancing act (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HpqKy4.1pE4@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) J-2 - What is the element that you use for the roof of the structure in this picture? I don't recognize it. (URL) Mike Walsh (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) It's a standing joke in the GMLTC that none of us can figure out where Ross gets his building ability. We often ask his dad "Does his mother build LEGO stuff?"... *grin* This is probably my favorite Ross clever building trick: (URL) Using a (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Coolest Picture

(...) That's actually Ross Neal's work I think. Dunno if he goes by Rosco as a nickname or not. As far as the actual work, all I can say is "Rob Hendrix would be proud..." look at the (URL) next pic> MUCH brick modding there! :-) But boy does it (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) ...dang - caught again! Well, I just think of them as "pre-official" parts. :^) By the way, I posted instructions here: (URL) modify file name assembly01.jpg through assembly35.jpg. Folder after moderation: (URL) should also point out that the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Coolest Picture

ok, it's 7:59 a.m., I don't know where I've been, but this is got to be The Coolest Picture I have seen in a long time! Well, this morning, at least! (URL) Really great work Rosco! Oh this one is pretty cool too. In a kinda sucky cool kinda way. ;) (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Proving I "still got it"

No need to prove yourself Josh, as we all have our unique gifts and ways of expressing ourselves through The Brick. I see you have shortened your design to a four-axle version and applied the enlongated, crosswise exhaust stack, indicating the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Proving I "still got it"

Just saying hi again, with an 8 wide train! It real life engine is about 65% built... I just wanted to show Lugnet readers "I still got it"... This engine is an ALCo RS-3, paint scheme derived from the 4512 train engine. The RS-3 was produced by the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAH Unoffical parts! Unoffical parts! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAH Thanks for telling me where to get it. =) -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NCLTC Holiday Layout at South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC

The North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) has our layout on display for the Holiday Season at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. This is our second holiday layout, we were in the same mall a year ago. This year's layout is a tad smaller (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Ahui - You can find the missing x169.dat file here, thanks to Orion Pobursky: (URL) you can't locate it, I can send it to you. That's the Technic 1x2 Liftarm that I use in the model's Lever.dat subfile. It's a critical element, as it connects (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

...snip... (...) Ed, the .mpd file is missing a part. MLCAD tells me file X169.dat is missing! I *think* its the rubber band you used for the design but I'm not sure. Could it be possible for you to update the .mpd file. Thanks -AHui A&M LWorks (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote: Do you think the 12V actuator could work with (...) Hi Philippe, yes, mine operate from 9V but the string must have a little slack when it is in the relaxed position. This gives the mechanism a chance to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) ... (...) Hi Ed, This is the simplest power unit I've ever seen! I'll have to build it ASAP. Thanks a lot, Philippe. (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) ... (...) Hi Jason, Thank you for this additionnal information. Actually, I tested your system on a new switch point and I did not think of testing several variations of elastic bands to find the right one. Sorry for misleading readers about (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Hi John, Thank you for this complement. Do you think the 12V actuator could work with a 9V tension? I don't have such 12V actuator yet but your suggestions is very smart and so simple. Philippe. (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Finally, pictures of some MOCs

(...) You're right Larry. The cable cars are based on the monorail chassis. When BayLTC planned our SF Waterfront Project, we wanted to have a cable car running around. We knew the regular 9v track wouldn't handle the steep elevation changes, so we (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Thanks very much for the comprehensive analysis, Philippe. A compendium like yours inspires us all to build other designs, incorporate new ideas with our existing ones, and move the whole effort forward. After reading your reviews, my (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Finally, pictures of some MOCs

(...) What i think is most interesting about this design is that you chose to use monorail bases as your mechanicals. At least that's what it looked like to me in the pics... can you elaborate on that part? (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) That's very interesting reading. Thanks. But I've never had to modify points to use my controller design. It does take some time to find elastic bands with the right amount of tension, but it can deliver just enough power to switch an (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Finally, pictures of some MOCs

(...) It wasn't really that hard. One of our other members had tried some ideas, but they didn't work. I thought about it for a few days and sketched the design out on paper. From there it was easy. Russell (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

Here is another very easy way for your consideration, all you need is the actuator from the 12V points/switch or the 12V automatic level crossings, a short length of string (Lego string is good :-) ) and a dab of glue. (URL) Of course the yellow (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Cantigny this year and next

Ondrew, you and everybody involved deserve a big round of applause for all your work to organize this event. It looked awesome. From the handouts table in the lobby, to the way you guys handled questions from the visitors, and the spiffy details on (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Cantigny this year and next

Hey all, After a very long weekend I have finally gotten a second to sit down and relax so I figured I would give you the low down on the event as well as my plans for next year. Friday night was hectic to say the least but also very organized. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Cantigny...The rest of the story.

(...) I see you revived the engine? (URL) remember her from years past.... Josh (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Finally, pictures of some MOCs

Hey Russell, (...) Ahh! New Camera, fun! (...) Thank you for creating the Memorial, touching. (...) excellent likeness. (I used to live on California Street and Filmore) (...) e (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Comprehensive, but there is a interesting third kind of approach (I propose to call it the minimalist-trend) devised by Rick Clark, and I believe it's not mentioned in your article: (URL) method overrides the switch leaver mechanism completly, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) I'm with Larry--very nice to see a resource like this! I'm going to try to put together a few tonight! Merci! Dave K (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Wow! That's the most comprehensive collection I've yet seen. VERY nice work, and thanks muchly for helping the community out this way. Much appreciated. Spotlighted (and added to the header as soon as I get a chance!) Viva la FREELUG! (I'll (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

Hello all, Here is a small review about the motorization of 9V switch points prepared originally in French for friends from Freelug. With the help of Didier Enjary for translation, Gaël Frazier for a final proofreading and Jean-Louis Bergamo (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Finally, pictures of some MOCs

Now that I have finally gotten a digital camera, I have gotten around to taking some pictures of the stuff I built for our train layout. Santa Cruz Lighthouse, Route 66 Diner, my 9/11 memorial: (URL) Francisco Cable Cars monorail: (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Pioneer Zephyr

(...) Thanks! (...) Indeed. I intend to do that, just trying to get money for it. Actually, I think I'll go check into that now... -Stefan- (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pioneer Zephyr

(...) Nifty. I don't know if I've seen someone try to build a train windshield like that before. You ought to invest a few bucks in some grey tiles to make the front smooth, though. It would add a great deal to the look, I'd think. Adrian (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pioneer Zephyr

Hi all, My newest MOC made it's debut at Cantigny this weekend; a 6-wide model of the CB&Q Pioneer Zephyr. I based the cars on the Santa Fe carbodies, and then modified it from there. I had to make some sacrifices on length, as I wasn't sure what (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, FTX)

  Re: new(ish) SNOT part

(...) I used 2 Dark Grey ones for the grill on a fire engine... (URL) Josh (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  6wide!? SW7 remote contol

I havn't been around here much, I've had a kinda "stale" period, because of work :-( THEN I go an build a SIXWIDE! Anyways: (URL) Tell me whatcha think of it so far... Josh (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MichLTC & COLTC to display at COSI Museum in Toledo, Ohio

The Michigan LEGO® Train Club is pleased to announce that we will be participating in the COSI museum's Toy Factory Trains weekend. On December 12th and 13th from 10am till 5pm, MichLTC will be running the trains, answering questions about our 20 ft (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org) !

  Re: new(ish) SNOT part

(...) I like this part and its related cousin the 1x4-1x2 bracket. Both of them are great for SNOT. (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new(ish) SNOT part

(...) I'm no trainhead, but I love that piece! Just used those to attach the fins on my Sea Monkey Angelfish. Sean (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

(...) I did hesitate to make this poster with a black background. I had seen a large train poster with good drawings (not LEGO) that Steve Barile has. It has a black background, and I thought that it looked elegant, as if backed with black velvet (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  new(ish) SNOT part

I've not seen this part (URL)*part used in any trains before (I didn't know it existed before I looked at my new 4404). While I know trainheads aren't the only users of SNOT I would say there is high requirement for very compact SNOT structures and (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

(...) I love it. So many beautiful MOC's, and all on one page. They look so good against the black background too. But I definitely won't be using the inkjet to print that. Yikes. Thanks for putting that together and sharing all those great MOC's (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  A nice F40PH

Here is a nice F40PH that captures the look of it really nicely: (URL) was nice and easy to build thanks to the clear instructions that Mr. Hayes included that I gave it a go a long time ago: (URL) thought I would showcase a nice example of a train (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Cantigny...The rest of the story.

The 1st midwest Lego show is history it was very sucessful. Planning has already begun for the 2nd! for the full story please visit: (URL) see all the show pics as well as a few pictures of Cantigny Park and their mechanised armor collection visit: (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: quick note on Ben's "beta" wheels

(...) Definitely flaged/blind/flanged, but I can't remember the spacing. I haven't modified the blind wheels for the new experimental closer spacing, so I think it's 5 studs between wheels. I'll probably end up re-de-flanging (John make new word!) (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: quick note on Ben's "beta" wheels

(...) Hey, thanks for the update! Nothing beats field trials! What's your current blind/flanged configuration? Still going flange/blind/flange to get the 8 stud total spacing, or something different? (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  quick note on Ben's "beta" wheels

I rebuilt my 'Challenger' (for about the 20th time) to use the drive wheels designed by Ben Fleskes. The GMLTC had our layout setup at the Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul, so I finally got a chance to try out the Challenger with the new (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

(...) Had a look through it on screen, scrolling across and then down, didn't want there to be an end. Although I've seen a lot of these before to see them all together is great. Now all I need is for everyone in my department to go home early so I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

(...) Thanks! (...) Now, in light of a the UP logo use (which I didn't use), I am left to wonder if UP would hammer me for use of the Union Pacific name and livery. Uh, oh! (...) That NJ Transit design started with some excellent design study work (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Union Pacific Trademark Battle

(...) Plus they're very unfriendly to wannabee licensees and train clubs that want to use fallen flag tribute heralds. I have some personal experience dealing with UP and find them not to be the most fan friendly by any means (or vendor friendly (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First pictures from Cantigy

(URL) alot, I really appreciate you showing the shot of my mecha :) Also, the rest of the shots from the show are great, i love the acme bricks one!!! (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Union Pacific Trademark Battle

(...) Wow. Dunno if this is more for o.t-d, but here's something-- If a company doesn't protect the trademarks related to their particular company right from day 1, and many years have passed, doesn't history show that they give up said trademarks-- (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Union Pacific Trademark Battle

I read in the San Fransisco Chronicle this morning that UP is planning on charging for the use of their logo, INCLUDING any fallen flags for lines that UP has taken over. (URL) Kenny Paul (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train layout

(...) Hi Philippe, Modified switch + motor + clutch + gear rack: (URL) one behind the shed is without motor on the photo. I don't have any detailed photos of it. Basicly it is made of a clutch and a wedge belt wheel on the same axle. The wheel turns (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  First pictures from Cantigy

The Northern Illinois Lego Train Club welcomes all to the Cantigny Lego show. With four operating train layouts and other displays this is the largest Lego show ever to hit the midwest! If you can join us on Sunday please do! Pictures from Saturday (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events, lugnet.castle)

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HpI60K.DAG@lugnet.com... (...) poster (...) (that (...) but (...) message on (...) Hi, Sorry for the error. I have corrected it now. Jeroen (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

(...) Tim, I figured out this address for the JPG by guessing on the pdf-link (I also got a corrupted zip file): (URL) Poster! Great MOCs! I noticed you re-did your Santa Fe GE B40-8W in Union Pacific livery. Looks sweet. I also can't help but a get (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

(...) went to check this out but the jpg link takes you shaun's shunter, the poster before and I also got a file is corrupted message when itried the pdf (that might be my comp tho) I looked for a a feedbank mail address on the site but couldn't (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

I've put together a 45 passenger train compilation poster of some of my MOCs. Jeroen is graciously hosting it for download. The poster is set to landscape orientaion of 3x2 feet at 200dpi. Thanks for checking it-- and all the other posters-- out at: (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Train layout

(...) Hi Thomas, I saw you used a motorized switch point on your layout. Which mechanism did you choose for this ? Regards, Philippe (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Cheif Mods Question

(...) Thanks everyone! These answers are great and they were just whay I was looking for! I feel better prepared to show people how cool the Santa Fe is. Many thanks, now I shall retreat two doors down to the left. ;) e (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  SCLTC at December Nights in San Diego

SCLTC opened its current layout at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum last night (December 5) for the first of two special evening showings from 17:00 to 21:00 as part of the annual December Nights celebration in Balboa Park (San Diego, CA). Total (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains)

  Festival of Trees Preview Party (was Re: Trees Setup complete)

Last night the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Festival of Trees held their preview party. This is a black tie event held the evening before the festival is open to the public. One of those rare times that club members has to dress up for a LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Super Cheif Mods Question

(...) Yep, the 10020 Santa Fe is a very cool set! If you need a quick impression how nice a Sante Fe with motor does look like, have a look at this tripel unit (sorry, at that time it still came without the light set - in the meantime I added it). (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Call me bragging, but...

...I just found and nearly complete (URL) #4534 LEGO Express> for $35 at a thrift store!! Only pieces missing were all the strait track and light. Woo-Hooo!! Be on the look out for some train MOCs! ;) Lord of the LEGO One Brick to Rule Them All! (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: PNLTC festival of trees - LEGO in space

<snip> (...) <snip autosig> Lots of wire. Everything on the tree had to be wired to the tree for transportation to the winning bidders house (or wherever else they want it) The FoT is a really nice form factor for LEGO. Plus it gives a lot of LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: PNLTC festival of trees - LEGO in space

(...) Nice job Ben. It's cool to see the LEGO clubs around the country taking part in the various FoTs. I'm guessing it was quite a task to get that globe to sit steady on top of the tree. jt ---...--- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: BBB wheels + availability?

(...) Big Ben Bricks LLC is online at www.bigbenbricks.com I was hoping to make a large run in December in four colors, but I've discovered a couple of things that aren't quite right. So I'm taking this opportunity to optimize the design. That said, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce)

  PNLTC festival of trees - LEGO in space

Lots of christmas trees this year. Here is one with a twist - it has a LEGO space theme featuring sets from the LEGO Space/Discovery lineup. PNLTC also had a 25' x 13' layout at the festival. The tree features: a large LEGO globe as a tree topper a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  I have three 7722 Train door stickers to give...

Hello train lovers, I recently acquired three black train doors on bricklink with "DB 7722" stickers on them and I don't need them. I only wanted the black doors! I know this set is old and many people sometimes lose the stickers. Anyone interested? (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Cheif Mods Question

(...) Eric, Just to elaborate on what Larry said. The instructions tell you step by step how to add the motor and shorten the fuel tank. The set even comes with the gray train motor "decorative sides" so that the motor matches the other wheels. TLC (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Train layout

Hi, Here's a layout I'm working on: (URL) requires some modified straight tracks. 6, 10 and 12 studs. I guess it will take me years and lots of LEGO to finish the landscape and buildings, if ever. :-) A problem is that S@H isn't available in Norway. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Michiana-LTC DIsplaying at the 1st Annual Midwest LEGO Train Show

To All, Michiana-LTC will be displaying at the first annual Midwest LEGO Train Show, at Cantigny Park, in Wheaton, Illinois. Location: Cantigny Park 1 South 151 Winfield Road Wheaton, Illinois 60187 It is located at Cantigny Park, it's website is (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: BF 2003 Container Swap

(...) To Aaron , M>ltc, was looking at making about 30 containers. It would be good to have 2 (or more ??) Australian LTC involved in A World wide LTC container swap. To Larry , Should this discussion be changed to Brickfest(TM) PDX 2004 LTC (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  GMLTC to show with Santa this weekend

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (www.gmltc.org) is pleased to announce we will be displaying our LEGO train layout at the 3rd Annual "Santa's Trainshop" event at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul, MN. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Super Cheif Mods Question

Hey Eric, did you get lost? I think .mech is 2 doors down on the right! ;P LOL bm (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Cheif Mods Question

(...) Ahh, I get it, and good idea, I may ask about a demo model for the floor then. Thank you! e (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Super Cheif Mods Question

(...) I believe the instructions in the set include how to motorize it. So if you have one copy around that you can open up and build, you could then show people the instructions. Instruction scans won't be on BrickShelf until after the set is long (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Super Cheif Mods Question

[LEGOSet 10020] Friends at Lugnet.Trains I have a question. When I work at the Lego Store some people ask me about the Super Cheif. They want to know if it is motorized and I tell them the model is not, but, it can be modified to run as other Lego (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Under Construction

Check out our latest TOMP MOCs from our (URL) homepage>. The building under construction has been going on for sometime though the real purpose of it has been kept secret. (2 URLs) The crane has been built based on the (URL) 4552> set with some (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  RE: BF 2003 Container Swap

Consider LCLTC in for the containers. I will make arrangements to get ours out to PDX Thanx, Mark Millere Visit Milissa's Lego™ Store, GoB - Millere's Spares™ (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact