 General / 44347
44346  |  44348
Subject:
Festival of Trees Preview Party (was Re: Trees Setup complete)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 17:59:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Last night the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Festival of Trees held their
preview party. This is a black tie event held the evening before the festival is
open to the public.

One of those rare times that club members has to dress up for a LEGO event:

Lewis Valentine and his wife Terri

Leigh Tallant (Dawsonville LEGO store manager)

My wife Liz and me:

Besides all the trees there were lots of other fun things to do, such as the
"Fun Slide":

and riding the carousel:

But of course the there was our tree. This year we where once again honored to
be selected as a "focus tree", thus allowing us to be set off from the other
trees.

This year we almost had more ornaments that we could fit on the tree (next year
we're getting a bigger tree to fit them all) the kids did a great job this year
making ornaments:

The tree was wrapped in 3000 2x2 round red and white bricks strung into garland:

Also at the festival this year the Cabbage Patch Kids where offering special
CHOA Festival of Trees baby, even their creator Xavier Roberts was on hand to
sign them. So of course my wife and mother had to get a few.

All the pictures from the evening can be found here:

Great fun was had by everyone. The festival runs from December 6 to December 14
at the Georgia World Congress Center (next to CNN), so if you are in the area be
sure to check it out. It's all for a great cause.

jt

James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org