 General / 44328
44327  |  44329
Subject:
Atlanta Festival of Trees Setup complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 02:12:54 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

After many weeks of building sessions and getting things in order we finally got the North Georgia LEGO Train Club tree set up at the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Festival of Trees.

This year we had a bit smaller tree due to confusion at the festival, so we ended up with a 9’ instead of our normal 10’.

We decorated the tree in http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/CHOA2003/Setup/setup07.jpg to make life easier for us, then put all the parts together on the tree stand.

Aside from NGLTC club members Scott Lyttle and Lewis Valentine, we were joined by Larry Pieniazek and even ran into Craig-O (we of course put him to work). He did want me to tell the LUGNET community that he is still alive and kicking, just doesn’t have a PC to access the net with at the moment.

The tree turned out really well when it was all done. Some of the highlights included Scott’s great job on his train ornaments, my tree topper, the holiday MOT, and of course the far tree shot.

We made good use of the LEGO beach towels around the base of our tree riser, it really fit perfectly.

The rest of the pictures can be see on Brickshelf once the folder is moderated.

Friday is the black tie party at the festival, and I will be sure to take some pictures of the finished tree then. Also Thurday the 11th is LEGO day at the festival, LEGO Retail is a gold sponser of the festival this year. There will be a building session Thursday evening, the kids creations will be put on display for the remainder of the festival.

jt

James J. Trobaugh

North Georgia LEGO Train Club