 Trains / 21856
Re: Pioneer Zephyr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:26:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Adrian Drake wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia wrote:
   Hi all,

My newest MOC made it’s debut at Cantigny this weekend; a 6-wide model of the CB&Q Pioneer Zephyr. I based the cars on the Santa Fe carbodies, and then modified it from there. I had to make some sacrifices on length, as I wasn’t sure what the overhang would be on the layout, but I now intend to make it a bit longer.

   The rest of the folder is here: http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=65090

Nifty. I don’t know if I’ve seen someone try to build a train windshield like that before. You ought to invest a few bucks in some grey tiles to make the front smooth, though. It would add a great deal to the look, I’d think.

Adrian

http://www.brickfrenzy.com

Well, after digging around, I found out that I did indeed have enough tiles to test out a tiled nose:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/Trains/Trainsets/PioneerZephyr/mvc-328f.jpg

-Stefan-