 Trains / 21784
Re: Super Cheif Mods Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:02:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Sophie wrote:

    10020 Santa Fe Super Chief
436 elements, 2 figures, US$40, 2002
LEGO > SYSTEM > Trains > 9v > Locomotives

Friends at Lugnet.Trains I have a question.

When I work at the Lego Store some people ask me about the Super Cheif. They want to know if it is motorized and I tell them the model is not, but, it can be modified to run as other Lego Trains do.

So, can anyone point us to some reference pictures?

I gotta imagine this trick has already been mastered. So who has done it? What’s involved? I don’t own the set myself.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Sophie

Thanks everyone! These answers are great and they were just whay I was looking for! I feel better prepared to show people how cool the Santa Fe is. Many thanks, now I shall retreat two doors down to the left.

;)