 Trains / 21796
Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 20:38:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:

digitalbricks.nl

   James,

Great Poster! Great MOCs!

Thanks!

   I noticed you re-did your Santa Fe GE B40-8W in Union Pacific livery. Looks > sweet.

Now, in light of a the UP logo use (which I didn’t use), I am left to wonder if UP would hammer me for use of the Union Pacific name and livery. Uh, oh!

   I also can’t help but a get a kick out of seeing your NJ Transit train set, since I used to ride those trains to college every day (although at the time I believe the locomotive was typically an AEM-7).

That NJ Transit design started with some excellent design study work by Bob Hayes for potential use of the new windscreen element.

   I’ve always been a big fan of your Amtrak Superliner. It’s all great stuff. It would take too long to say it all.

Thanks, kindly. Glad you enjoyed surveying the trains on the poster. I must say that, as these designs are mostly virtual, I really respect those who gather the elements to create real Superliners! Robin Werner always comes to mind for his Superliner. Sorry I don’t remember all other MOC Superliners.

later,

James Mathis