 Trains / 21861
Re: The Coolest Picture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:07:09 GMT

John,

Great looking subway station!

Sorry if I missed it, but what LED's did you use?  Did you stay with a 9V
system, or how techy was the electrical system made?  I tried finding some
stuff a while back to do an internal lighting scene, and couldn't find
anything that would work at the local Radio Shack.

Any ideas/help from you or others would be appreciated.

Ray
SPLTC

----- Original Message -----
From: "John" <John@TCLTC.org>
To: <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: The Coolest Picture

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh wrote:
J-2 -

What is the element that you use for the roof of the structure in this
picture?  I don't recognize it.

Mike

It's a big Belville or Scala plate, I think.

JohnG, GMLTC

Thanks to Eric for the compliments.  Some comments:

This is a pic of the TCLTC's subway.  First, some credit where it is due. • I
first saw LEDs used in the GMLTC subway by John Gerlach and liked them [a • lot],
but struggled with the non-purity idea, but the fact is that even 50 LEGO • lights
didn't do the trick, and so I acquiesced and let Ross have at it.  He did • all of
the wiring and soldering.  The only brick mutilation that occured (Lar;-) • is
that I had to drill a hole into the basebricks for the wires to reach the
lights.  I actually built the subway itself; you can see some of the • stages of
building in that folder.  Mike: the roof consists of 2 Scala baseplates
(base{bricks} I should say).  I bound them together pretty well and they • lift
out as one piece to allow access to inside the subway.  Finally, credit • for the
pic itself goes to my daughter, Natalie.  She stuck our digital camera • {inside}
the subway and got that shot.  I never would have thought of that, and as • Eric
noted, it turned out pretty cool!

Ross and I have been very productive this past month building the layout; • I am
hoping to finish up a few things and take a lot of pics that I'm thinking • will
blow folks away!

[JOHN]