 Trains / 21864
Re: The Coolest Picture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:16:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ray Silva wrote:
   John,

Great looking subway station!

Sorry if I missed it, but what LED’s did you use? Did you stay with a 9V system, or how techy was the electrical system made? I tried finding some stuff a while back to do an internal lighting scene, and couldn’t find anything that would work at the local Radio Shack.

Thanks, Ray! Funny you should mention Radio Shack, because that is where I got the white 5mm LEDs. I wouldn’t recommend using those, however; they are a costly $5 each, and I believe that they can be obtained online for about half that price (although if price is no object, they actually work great). I am not electrical, and the RS guy helped me choose some resistors to protect the LEDs. Ross then just spliced thin wire with the regular 9 volt wire, and the whole thing is run off of a LEGO controller (which conveniently converts the power from AC to DC).

   Any ideas/help from you or others would be appreciated.

HTH, JOHN