 Trains / Train Organizations / 2564
Re: BF 2003 Container Swap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:55:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Aaron Coghill wrote:
   Larry, should the container swap go ahead, how many containers would each group need to send in?

Aaron BUGS -

To Aaron ,

M>ltc, was looking at making about 30 containers. It would be good to have 2 (or more ??) Australian LTC involved in A World wide LTC container swap.

To Larry ,

Should this discussion be changed to Brickfest(TM) PDX 2004 LTC container swap ? As I have noticed a few LTC interested.

Many Thanks, Teunis M>ltc

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.trains.org, Teunis Davey wrote:
   In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   For info on the Brickfest 2003 Container Swap, please see this page:

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/org/BFDC2003ContainerSwap

Thanks, Rob, for the info. I will make updates as necessary.

Is this Lego Train Club container swap a yearly event ?? I would like more information , for the 2004 swap . Container size , LTC’s, etc. Australian Lego train clubs ?? I know I may be a bit early ! But I don’t want to missout .

I would like to start collecting some World wide LTC containers !!

Thanks , Teunis. Australia .

IIRC, you’re a member of the nascent M>LTC, right? The containers are the standard 4x8 containers that LEGO uses. (1) These are somewhat on the small side, especially for clubs that work in 8 wide, but it’s sort of tradition at this point. There are a number of designs kicking around for building these economically.(2)

I’d love to see a container swap happen at BrickFest PDX 2004 but as of yet I haven’t secured an organizer for it. Anyone who is coming and who might be able to coordinate this, please contact me.

I’d also like to see us do a “commemorative container” like we did in DC, again, I don’t have an organizer yet and if you’re interested please contact me.

I’ve added events.brickfest to the groups for awareness but set FUT to just trains.org

1 - as in 4549 :

    4549 Road 'N Rail Hauler
446 elements, 2 figures, US$52, 1993
LEGO > SYSTEM > Trains > 9v > Train Cars
The instructions for ths set are on BrickShelf and will give you some ideas

2 - for example NGLTC’s design or MichLTC’s design... there are others as well.

++Lar