 Trains / Train Organizations / 2551
Re: BF 2003 Container Swap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:28:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Ross Crawford wrote:

AFAIK I’m the only Aus intending
   to attend, though that may change. Certainly the only M>ltc rep so far.

This is totally Aussome! ;-)

I look forward to meeting you, Ross, and the growing international contingent this year!

As far as containers go, this swap thing is turning into a logistical nightmare. Club who have already swapped will always be short stickers from newer LTCs, and newer LTCs will be shorted stickers from previous swaps.

I am thinking that it might be a good idea to post high rez images of all LTC’s stickers on the ILTCO website for download. Although this would defeat the quaintness of actually receiving a container built by another club, it would make the entire process a lot smoother and eliminate a bunch of hassles-- costs of shipping containers, transporting 2 dozen containers for trading, to name a few.

What was done in the past was fine, but I am thinking about the future and how this idea can be perpetuated and implemented by LTCs whose members can’t attend Fests, or for various reasons can’t build and ship 2 dozen or so containers.

Perhaps I am all wet. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the idea?

JOHN