 Trains / *20469 (-100)
  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

(...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

Oh, oh.... (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  GG-1 Model Complete

I have finally gotten around to finishing the LDraw model of the GG-1 that I built last year. You can see a rendered version at (URL) am thinking about creating and posting instructions - is there any interest in instructions for this model? Bob (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Challenger" version 2.0

Well, it wasn't actually "one set-up" as the layout evolved and grew during the 6 weeks. Tables were added to expand the overall size of the layout, at times even while the musuem was open, which brought on a whold new set of challenges to deal (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: "Challenger" version 2.0

>But getting people to cover shifts for 6 weeks, ya, that's impressive. You hit the nail on the head. We had a few members definitely take one for the team to make sure the layout was covered, especially during the Winter Festival. For 2 nights the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  2003 Trains - great!

Many of you may have seen this from other posts, but for those who haven't- NEW TRAINS FOR 2003! Passenger Train (bullet style) (URL) Train (URL) Station (URL) Crane (URL) other 2003 sets can also be seen, including some of the new town lineup! Roy (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains) !!

  MichLTC Show Report from Toy & Hobby Expo 2002

MichLTC had another great show the weekend of Dec 27-29, at the Toy & Hobby Expo 2002. It was in the Novi Expo Center in Novi, MI. It was our first 3 day show and it went off great. We had a 20'x20' display featuring Larry P's mountain, Ken K's (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: "Challenger" version 2.0

(...) That involved what? *One* set up and one tear down? Not impressed by show duration as a measure of level of effort as far as setup/teardown goes But getting people to cover shifts for 6 weeks, ya, that's impressive. (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: "Challenger" version 2.0

Well, the SCLTC just finished a 6 week show! We were on 3 differnt TV stations and have a 70 brick tall dam!! :-) Next... Robert Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: "Challenger" version 2.0

(...) It's so cute to see GMLTC and PNLTC squabbling... Meanwhile young upstart clubs like MichLTC are 3/4 of the way to completing 4 shows in 4 months which will be a new record (for US anyway...) here's the writeup on our most recent show. Jason (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: "Challenger" version 2.0

I think you meant PNLTC ;) Nothing like a little friendly ribbing! ...anyone else? SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10017 Mini-Hopper

Has anybody made alternate versions of any of the other recent train items? 10017 seems to be the one most suited to changing. What about a alternate train from 10020 the Santa Fe loco? David (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FGLTC Hattersheim meeting

(...) I have already added it to the events link-collection page at the fgltc-site. (URL) question: I suppose (even if it's not on your homepage) this on is your engine, isn't it? (URL) built this: I really love this new kind of pantho! Cool use of (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de.ni.han, lugnet.loc.de.he.fam)

  Re: "Challenger" version 2.0

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:>There are also some links to the full- sized images (from my 3.3megapixel (...) Don't give away all the secrets... I rather enjoy seeing the rest of the world struggle to catch up with the GMLTC! (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  FGLTC Hattersheim meeting

Hi, My brickshelf folder of the late in the year 2002 Hattersheim meeting is now public: (URL) Ben mentioned: It was a very successful meeting with lots of great models and we had lot of fun. A fantastic self-organized buffet (each guest added a (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4534 Lego Express - Does it include REGULATOR?

(...) Aaron, It does come with a speed regulator. I thought the same thing about the price. That original price is the sum of the components (they are not packaged as seperate items but these are what you get): #KT205 Large engine: w/ tender = (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  4534 Lego Express - Does it include REGULATOR?

This is the train I see at Target. It is not obvious to me if the det includes the SPEED REGULATOR or not(?) At full price this set seems way to expensive. (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  "Challenger" version 2.0

I spent several more hours playing with this yesterday. Changed the top of the boiler to use the 2x6 'train' roof bricks, this allows a nice smooth tiled top. I also got a pretty good start on the tender, but I'm still waiting for pieces. (The (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-6-6-4 "Challenger" (in progress!)

John- That challenger is looking really nice with those siver hubs. And I really like your use of the cam piece inside the wheel - I think I may have to do that myself. :) (...) Josh- For your 2-10-0 you may want to try using inverted hammers as (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  My first kit, soon to be released

Coming soon, a mini-tank waggon based on the 1252 Shell® promotional tanker truck. (URL) will be four studs wide by ten studs long, and be mounted on a two-axle chassis. This little model is so simple to assemble that printed instructions are not (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10017 Mini-Hopper

(...) It's interesting how two people can take divergent paths when it comes to their ideas for making a set smaller while still preserving the overall effect. I'm waiting for more tan slopes and 6×12 plates so I can remove those clumsy tie rods (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  NSW 40 Class...revamped yet again!

Here it is once more, but in an even more attractive red and light gray livery (as well as makng a few refinements such as lowering the hoods to achieve that classic ALCO outline) (URL) to it's hollow construction and use of a single 9V motor, it is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

Before anyone reads...please take note that my comments only pertain to the US market, as I am unfamiliar with availabilty of particular sets outside the USA. Also to consider, some of the larger toy stores aren't really interested in providing all (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 10017 Mini-Hopper

(...) Very nice, Harvey and Mark. I must agree that bigger is never necessarily better. Although it's nice to see a long line of rolling stock on a track, I personally prefer cars that are 16 studs or less. This allows to make fixed axle cars, and (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10017 Mini-Hopper

(...) Your trains are colorful and excellently rendered. Who says 'bigger is better' is best? I like strings of smaller waggons as they have more of a dramatic effect. Don't let the building stop now, -Harvey (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) Thank you Steven for clearing this up. Upon doing some quick math with the latest SAH catalog; the above mentioned kit is actually better than it appears. One each of #10020, #10022, #10025, a 9VSR and a the two boxes of curve rails needed for (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10017 Mini-Hopper

Interesting, I came up with a similar design last year, (URL) is literally half of 10017. Mark "Harvey Henkelman" <Ferroequus@webtv.net> wrote in message news:H83nMp.Mr2@lugnet.com... (...) only (...) 10017 (...) in (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  10017 Mini-Hopper

Due to the small size of my living arrangment, my goal is to include only four-wheeled waggons on my layout. Unable to give up the beautiful 10017 hopper, I shrunk the design to the two-axle version seen here... (URL) keeps the exact same opening (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) The motor is included with the Santa Fe Starter kit. From LEGO Shop at Home: Kit includes: #10020 Santa Fe Super Chief Engine #10025 Santa Fe Cars Set I (Build Mail Car OR Baggage Car) #10022 Santa Fe Cars Set II (Build Dining Car, Observation (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rheingold Express in 8-wide

(...) There is now another folder public with 'only' Rheingold-train pictures: (URL) Rheingold letters and the fine golden lines are stickers made by another AFOL named Zany, who owns a print shop. Regards, Ben P.s.: my gallery is now free for (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: A couple of new MOCs & site update

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes (in part): (...) Agreed. B&M was one of the few roads to use blue cabooses. (Conrail being another, I think, and I am sure there are others) So blue B&M rolling stock is a natural fit! (I don't have a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-6-6-4 "Challenger" (in progress!)

(...) Glad to hear you like it. I'll be working on it some more tomorrow, I'll try to take some more pictures showing the linkages and guide wheels. I *think* the same idea will work for four drive wheels in a row, I'll try it out and see what (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A couple of new MOCs & site update

(...) I wasn't trying to imply anyting about the quality of any of the sets. I think all three are top notch. The thing I find especially pleasing is the color scheme. To me the white highlighted blue engine and caboose around the blue car with the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rheingold Express in 8-wide

(...) Incredible! I already had a sneak preview, but this is really AMAZING! (...) WOW! This has to be one of the best-looking MOC's wrt modelling the streamline diesel noses as were used in the 60's in Europe. Totally incredible and 100% life-like. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: 4-6-6-4 "Challenger" (in progress!)

John, Fabulous, I find it very interesting that after all this time that most of us have been doing things backward so to speak. I've been keeping to myself most of the time when it comes to the Large Steam train line because the last two I did were (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-6-6-4 "Challenger" (in progress!)

(...) Great plan for the small wheels!! Might have to use it on my 2-10-0 (which won't handle well in switches anyways! It'll be more for show... I can't think of any other way to 10 straight drive wheels stay on the tracks (even straight tracks). (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) I understood there was an editorial change. I contacted the new editor some time later to gauge interest, and he said go ahead and submit, but by that point I had lost my head of steam and didn't write anything. If you (or anyone else) (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A couple of new MOCs & site update

(...) Thanks, but I'd just leave it at "All three are nifty models". I'm still hoping Eric decides to commericalise that pair of B&M models! (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) <snip> (...) It also seems odd to me that the Trains site never published any more articles after that first flush. And yes, I offered, but never heard back from them. I bet other people did too. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A couple of new MOCs & site update

(...) Nice set. I like the color scheme, and the details on the transformer are cool. That car really shines when you show it off between Eric's engine and caboose! Chris (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A couple of new MOCs & site update

(...) it has. I have never been perfectly happy with my 1x1 round to antena to 1x1 round arrangement. It works, but I am always looking for something better. Also, I like the use of the technic beams on the flat bed. Whether the idea came from Larry (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

OK, I'll claim it. I've been using this term since late 1997. I first mentioned this in a post in 1998, (URL) I kept getting the "What gauge is this?" question from model railroader's and I finally just said "L". That of course opened up the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) Oh, I don't know. Seems worthy of a chuckle, perhaps, if you only consider items listed under the heading of "Trains". However, if you start broadening your outlook to include fiber optics, pneumatics, micromotors, geared motors, non-geared (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Gerlach" <gmltc_j1@nospam.yahoo.com> (...) Member of PNLTC have been using it since I first joined in 1998. It's the natural response to "What gauge is it?" -Laura (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) Unfortunately, the list of articles... Getting Started with LEGO Trains A simple train set will get you up and running with LEGO Trains! Planning a LEGO Train Exhibition Coordination brings all the pieces together for a LEGO setup of your own. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  4-6-6-4 "Challenger" (in progress!)

Just wanted to toss out a link to my current GMLTC project. I'm working on a model of the famous Union Pacific #3985 'Challenger' 4-6-6-4 steam engine. It's huge (64 studs long for the locomotive itself), but it handles the curves on Lego track (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

Upon viewing the ad (thank you Larry P. for your post of the larger scan), nowhere is it mentioned that the motor is needed and not included with the purchase of the Super Chief. Perhaps it's included with the kit, but it's not mentioned that a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

At last, just the shot in the arm that LEGO® needed...now I can put my foot in my mouth! Way to go LEGO®!!! -Harvey (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

A few months ago I recieved a call from LEGO asking me to help a copywriter put this add together, originally they were going to called it L-scale, but I told them L-gauge would appeal to the model railroader crowd a bit more...and that we (LTCs (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) Great news, of course. It's nice to see LEGO is trying to spread out to the model railroad market, and show just how versatile LEGO trains can be. Also of interesting note, the link given on the page (URL) has links to the articles on (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) GMLTC was using it at the NMRA show in 1999 -- anyone else want to claim using it earlier? Hmmm... Since we've been using it for a few years, should we claim copyright on it? <grin> (...) I think we *all* agree with that!! John G, GMLTC (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

This is truely thrilling to see. However, the line about a "wide variety of accessories" gave me a chuckle. I would hope that this means additional accessories such as automated points, crossing gates, etc are coming down the pike... Regardless of (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) Sorry, forgot to include the URL (URL) leads you to (URL) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) I guess 9V is here to stay. Jude (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) Here is a somewhat clearer image scanned in by Kai Broderson. (URL) a lot smaller and faster to load with not much loss of info: (URL) agree, pretty nifty, eh? Also, L-Gauge is a fan coined term. :-) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) This is great news! Its nice to see the Lego Company is finally taking advantage of a great money making opportunity. This will also show the thousands of model railroaders that this scale is becoming more than just an oddity. (...) well at (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego introduces L-gauge

This morning, I received the februari issue of Model Railroader. This is a monthly magazine for the model railroad fan. Yes, my money goes there as well as to Lego. On page 61, my eyes got caught on a page-size add for Lego! See (URL) about the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch) !!

  LTrax v0.12 . Help needed!

Version 0.12 out! (URL) improvements, but still no mouse support. Undo bug fixed, but now I have a new bug: If you move around the menus several times, they will get very strange characters. I would like help on making the tracks that I don't own, (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

(...) Thanks. I like that part, and have recently bought many for future creations. They are amazingly strong, and connect very tight. (...) The driver wheels themselves are red spoked lego wheels form the 70's painted grey. The rods are a (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Paging Ondrew Hartigan...

thank you. i will be shure to share what i come up with. also i would like to thank your club for a great weekend, even if i was sick. i really did enjoy myself and i got some great ideas. thanks ondrew (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Paging Ondrew Hartigan...

Ondrew, I can't get an e-mail to you, so just wanted to let you know the .dat file for my tank car frame is up. I tried the NILTC site, and haven't seen a single post of yours, but thought posting here was worth a shot. LMK when you retrieve the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: 4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

I saw this a couple days ago as I was browsing brickshelf. Very nice. I like the use of the stunt stick/backpack attachment thingy on the small headlights. Are those drivers lego parts from the old car sets? Or are they another manufacturer? (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

lots of snipage here: (...) I think so too, Thomas starters run from $25 (basic circle w/1 engine no cars) its $40 (basic figure 8 w/1 engine 2 cars) they go way up from there (...) yep (...) I think some options here would be good... 9v train motor (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Rheingold Express in 8-wide

(...) Wow! I really like this one...is the lettering that says "Rheingold" SNOT or is it a sticker of some kind? (My question may be answered when folder becomes public, oh well.) (...) Very nice. (...) The train station is incredible! Sounds like (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: 4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

(...) Thanks! (...) The drive wheels are only connected to the chassis by couplings, the top is "pressed on" the chassis by 2 springed wheels holders (the red ones). Over curves and switches, they puch up slightly higher, and therefore don't run. On (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rheingold Express in 8-wide

(...) Wow, amazing stuff! (...) I considered going, but the (ICE) traintrip would take 4 hours from Amsterdam and the Dutch Railways wouldn't give a quote on the price for a ticket on the website :-( Maybe next year I'll come for a whole weekend and (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Rheingold Express in 8-wide

(...) <snip> (...) Only one comment: Ghaaaa... :-O *drool* Amazing creations, Ben. Congrats for the success of this meeting!! :-) Pedro (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Rheingold Express in 8-wide

Hi all, Frank 'Pudie' Abel, a co-Afol of the FGLTC has built a really beautiful Rheingold-Express train. That was shown yesterday at the FGLTC end-of-year-show in Hattersheim. It might appear as an ISCC II gallery as well ( (URL) ), but I think it (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Monorail Freight Destinations

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Freight Destinations

(...) construction of the awnings. This link comes up blank for me though: (URL) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

Nice looking engine. I am interested about your drive wheels. How good do they run. I always had problems going over switches, and and with three drive wheels how will does it fit over curves. How are you connecting your drive wheel to your rods? I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

It is my belief that as long as LEGO® markets trains toward children, we won't see much progress being made. I too, would like the company to aim it's train line at fine hobby shops worldwide...then we should see a sharp rise in interest when the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

snip (...) snip I disagree, as a child the only lego train set (as opposed to a single vehicle) I could ever afford was the unmotorised 7715 (URL) had a battery motor from when i was younger so used that, doesn't give you the remote control I am (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Monorail Freight Destinations

Hello again, Having de-lurked to post the pictures of my monorail freight train some months back ((URL) its time to de-lurk again to post the "raison d'etre" for the train. At one end is the port - (URL) - where the Costal Freighter brings the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

"BrickBuy" <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:H7sBJ9.IJ6@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) pieces (...) transportation. (...) more. (...) Great MOC. Two things that really jumped out at me: (1) the different strata of rock; and (2) the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) Only heard about a few Germans who did it in October, when this thread popped up. They all got wheels with at least 75% bad ones among them. As long as TLC (or the involved third party producer) has not done a design change back to the old (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

Are the drive wheels painted!? I thinks I may have to paint the Drive wheels for me 2-10-0 Decapod I'm starting... Looks awsome! I never thought of building a shrouded locomotive. Josh (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  LTrax v0.01, an LDraw-Compatible "Track Designer"

I'm proud to present a working (well, sort of) sketchy version of my latest creation, LTrax. In (URL) , you'll find the 108 kb zip file. It's a program inspired by Matthew Bates' Track Designer, but *much* less advanced. (I spent a couple of days (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) But what to do if you don't have a dremel or file? Anyone experience with sending the wheels back to LEGO Consumer Service for replacement? Don't forget that there are a lot of kids having train sets (especially with the Sinterklaas [December (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

(...) I don't expect any derailments, since the only track that is going through is straight (2 tracks, each 12 sections long). The tunnel on the "waterfall" side is a "dummy" for now. Anyway, the large black wall contains a section that can be (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

(...) I know... the model isn't nearly finished. The roofline looks too coarse, the flat spaces are too large, the front is too angular and the center part is raised too much. I still need to get more feel for some of the advanced techniques, such (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

Very, VERY nice! It rocks! (...) Your waterfall: these things tend to flow between rocks, not on top of them. And you could add sparkling water at the bottom and at the point the left flow bends to the right one. Some clear and trans-blue 1x1 plates (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

(...) ... Paul, nice work. I'm working on the first module for the NCLTC layout, and I'd love to know more about how you plan to move it, assemble it, and handle any on-site disasters like derailments inside the tunnels. First, is it two huge pieces (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Coming soon: LTrax, an LDraw-Compatible "Track Designer"

Hi! I'm almost done with a working beta of my latest program: LTrax. It's a program inspired by Track Designer by Matthew Bates, but *much* less advanced. The data files in LTrax are totally text based, and I have tried to make it modular. The (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  The Rock (for my large church)

I've almost finished the rock to put my church on. It has 2 train tunnels, and a monorail tunnel. "the Rock" features a viewing platform, a monorail loop and station, a waterfall and small lake, a power station, and losts of bare rock. Plants have (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

My latest train project is up on Brickshelf: (URL) is build after the 4-6-4 hudson shrouded steam engine ÿellowbelly". Only 4 have been made, but never went into service. The model is build in 8 wide, and is almost finished"... The undercarriage (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

(...) Ok, I think the basic design is now done, after the nose got shortened. I think your model still suffers under the lack of details. When the bogies will be there and the pantographs as well, the model will definitely look much better. Two more (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

(...) 8-wide yes. After Manfred's comments I reworked the nose section, quite pleased with it now. (URL) shows the current status, coming along quite nicely. Last big hurdle will be the bogies, and I might alter the sides a bit, the trans-white (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

are you trying for an 8-wide version? That's what the ldraw file looks like to me. Perhaps the front should also be 1x2 grill bricks, simlar to Manfred's suggestion for the blue section, with the outside pillars (1-wide) as they are now, around the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Six Wide Santa

(...) I give you the Six Wide Santa. (...) Clever, yes, but it's hard to be original in Lego: (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Six Wide Santa

(...) Good advice so far. (...) And here is where we differ. Flash introduces glare. If you can, use good lights, use a tripod and longer exposure times, etc, but avoid flashes. Some things flash makes better, some it makes worse. Conventional (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Six Wide Santa

(...) As for the lighting, make sure your camera is on close-up mode (the flower icon, instead of the tree). That should help with the colors. And use a flash. --Bill. (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail automation

(...) However I think when it comes to making monorails stop and go, it's often better to not use the switches that LEGO makes, but instead to just use sloped bricks to cause the same effect. An inverse sloped brick placed with the studs facing away (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

(...) I think unpowered would be a BIG mistake. All locomotives should come with a motor. (...) I don't see this as necessary. (...) I prefer regulator and track as separate pack, motor bundled with the locos. (...) Yes. But some locos should (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree writes: [snip] (...) Hello Jan-Albert, It seems to me that the noses of your model are much too long. Try making these only 3 studs deep (1 stud for the white section and 2 studs for the blue section). make the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  BR144 model , input wanted

I've been looking for a nice new model since I finished my diesel and soon stumbled across some pictures of the German E44 electric engine. After a long evening of trying to model it correct in MLCAD I've given up. I can't seem to make it look (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Monorail automation

My first MOC is finally done.... concerning monorail automation. I made an automated switch and stop/go with help of the RCX. Have a look on brickshelf when moderated and tell me what you think/ comments. (URL) Christmas. Guido (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Six Wide Santa

I figured out the deep links: (URL) me know what you think. I think I'll add some runners beside the train wheels. Oh, and please excuse the odd lighting, christmas lights add an odd tint to everything. Leonard (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

(...) Right on, thats the way it was done in the 12v days, and for that matter even today (the Santa Fe and My Own Train series don't come with motors or lights). What we need in the shops is affordable train sets. Once little Johnny or Jilly has (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Six Wide Santa

Not satisfied with a conventional train layout for my first Christmas train, I give you the Six Wide Santa. (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact