 Trains / 18798
Re: 4-6-6-4 "Challenger" (in progress!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 05:26:49 GMT

John-

That challenger is looking really nice with those siver hubs.  And I
really like your use of the cam piece inside the wheel - I think I may
have to do that myself. :)

Great plan for the small wheels!! Might have to use it on my 2-10-0 (which
won't handle well in switches anyways!  It'll be more for show...  I can't
think of any other way to 10 straight drive wheels stay on the tracks (even
straight tracks).

Josh-

For your 2-10-0 you may want to try using inverted hammers as guides
as I did on my 2-6-6-6 Allegheny.  The hammers keep the wheels on and
they go through switches and crosses.  See
http://www.insidethevault.com/mchiles/index.htm and click on the
Allegheny.

-Matt :)

www.insidethevault.com - mattchiles@gorge.net