 Trains / 18785
Re: 4-6-6-4 "Challenger" (in progress!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 03:53:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Josh Baakko writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
Check out the images and text at http://www.gmltc.org/Challenger.html

Great plan for the small wheels!! Might have to use it on my 2-10-0 (which
won't handle well in switches anyways!  It'll be more for show...  I can't
think of any other way to 10 straight drive wheels stay on the tracks (even
straight tracks).
Josh

Glad to hear you like it.  I'll be working on it some more tomorrow, I'll
try to take some more pictures showing the linkages and guide wheels.  I
*think* the same idea will work for four drive wheels in a row, I'll try it
out and see what happens.  If it works, my next project will have to be the
4-8-4 Milwaukee Road #261:  http://www.261.com -- it "lives" about 4 blocks
from the GMLTC secret lair!  (Biggest question is how to get enough dark red
pieces to build the orange and dark red passenger cars it pulls...)

John Kelly (the GMLTC webmaster and site host) showed me how to update our
website, so there's no stopping me now!  <*crazed laugh*>

;-)

JohnG, GMLTC