 Trains / 18745
18744  |  18746
Subject:
Monorail Freight Destinations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 09:22:04 GMT

Hello again,

Having de-lurked to post the pictures of my monorail freight train some
months back (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27314), its
time to de-lurk again to post the "raison d'etre" for the train.

At one end is the port -
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27312 - where the Costal
Freighter brings the containers (ably assisted in berthing by the pilot and
modern radar systems) to be unloaded by the crane onto the freight train.

At the other end is the wholesale warehouse -
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27320 - where the containers
are unloaded by the forklift and then unpacked to be sold to the resellers.

This plan places the port and warehouse in context and scale -
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=283464 - there's still a lot
of white to fill!

The next project is the central station -

Happy New Year and Good Building for 2003
William