 Trains / *12069 (-100)
  Re: Motor control

(...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Motor control

Has anyone considered modifying a train motor so that it can be controlled from an on-board RCX but powered from the tracks? The aux power tap on the top might be used as a connector to an RCX output. Its internal connection to the power tap would (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s????)

(...) Post the link to the auction for us. If you've bought something that's not as originally described, you should be able to complain to ebay and cancel the deal - that's basic commercial law. Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s????)

(...) Hi Jeroen! I have never heard of a 12V motor which runs on its own on 9V track. And I might be a kind of an expert on trains, train motors and their conversion. So I would recommend you to ask for a good description or better for a picture of (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  9V train motor(s????)

Hi, I bought a 9V trainmotor on ebay, but the seller now claims it is an older model and uses the 12V midrail to get its power, except it runs on 9V instead of 12V. Can this be true? Or am I fooled/tricked? Jeroen (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis are you there?

(...) Hello, Josh, Regarding my Amtrak Cascades train: "Was it complicated?"..... That's quite an interesting question! The answer is, "yes." How did I build it? 1) At least one year of thinking about it; and I'm still back-burner tinkering with (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  James Mathis are you there?

I ran across your Amtrak Cascades train, and i'm interested in how you built it. Was it complicated? I'd like to build a replica, sort of, but in another paint scheme. Josh (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Brickbay fully operational

Hey everyone, Dan's Brickbay is 100% again, yeah! -Harvey (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few questions about the new trains

I like the huge classic space 928 set! Cool! But back to trains here... It may be a good price for a push along train, but I want the full meal deal. Like everyone, I want a 4558, but I also really like the 4559, although they seem to go for quite a (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BRAND NEW TRAINS ON S@H

(...) I'm sure you've been over this one several times as well... but I'm going to ask anyway... Does anyone know of any plans to add the kt--- "My Own Train" sets to LUGNET Set Reference? (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BRAND NEW TRAINS ON S@H

(...) Yes, we've been over this one several times - have a look over past posts. Since you seem to be new to lugnet.trains, and listed the price in pounds, have you found (URL) too? Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BRAND NEW TRAINS ON S@H

(...) Hey Sam, welcome to LUGNET trains newsgroup. The new steam engine sets were released a couple weeks ago, but there's a whole lot more to see here on LUGNET,enjoy! -Harvey (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  BRAND NEW TRAINS ON S@H

During one of my mad surfing sprees to S@H, I noticed a brand new train set for £21.50! It's a steam engine! Check it out at (URL) Or maybe I'm a bit slow. Either way, they're cool, huh? (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few questions about the new trains

(...) You're right, and it also looks like they faked most of the colour schemes in a paint package too. Don't rely completely on the pictures. Read back through here to find out what you actually get - for example, the engines are modular, such (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few questions about the new trains

It looks like in the pictures at S@H that there was a motor included with the set. And it looked like the motor was on the tender on the sets that had a tender, in the pics at S@H. Hmmm...it looks like getting one of those trains as a train starter (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few questions about the new trains

(...) Stick around Adam, theres a whole universe of train stuff here. May I suggest checking out Matt's LEGO® Train Depot? It'll give you the whole lo' down on LEGO® train sets. -Harvey (URL) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few questions about the new trains

From: "Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@home.com> (...) That is one alternative, but the lighting instructions just show the bulb brick with a headlight reflector brick arrangment. (...) metalic wheels? It is, but it does not come with the train, it only (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  A few questions about the new trains

In the description of all of the new trains it says: "Lights, motor and tracks sold separately." I'm wondering what it means by lights and motor? For the lighting, does it refer to something like this: (URL) or is it something else? As for the (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whats up with brickbay?

Yep, it's a bummer. Everyone is having problems. It's a server issue that's being worked on. (...) "authorization (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.trains, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Whats up with brickbay?

(...) failed" message. It hasn't been working for a full day now. Eric. (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.trains, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Melting point of LEGO (was Re: Result after testrun)

"Sonnich Jensen" <sonnich@hot.ee> wrote in message news:GD72Js.5yE@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for mentioning me. I intended to put this up for everyone on Lugnet to see but hit the wrong reply key :-} Well, I mentioned to him that if you place 2x2 (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: More PNR train info...

(...) Here is a CAD drawing of the window idea, the second first prototype photo shows the window. (URL) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More PNR train info...

(...) I've got a few more SD9-3's but i have to uplaod them, along wiht the SD7 High nose. I'd like to modify the locos a little more too, along with the pages, i need more of a description. The SD9-3 shown now has a better window in the side, i'll (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

Steve Chapple <LEGOArches@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GD6z1v.L16@lugnet.com... (...) I was just thinking of making some standard blocks for 2x2 bricks with cuts to the still could fit in any 2xX brick. If you I can make a form for that. (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Melting point of LEGO (was Re: Result after testrun)

Steve Chapple <LEGOArches@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GD6z1v.L16@lugnet.com... (...) hmmm... try it from www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/ for IE you can use the back button on the menubar (the little down arrow to the right of the button) and select (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: V188 Diesel Locomotive

Good looking. My guess is that that engine with several og these tippercars would look good. Harvey Henkelman <HarveyHenkelman@webtv.net> wrote in message news:GD346F.DJs@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) welcome, -Harvey (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Result after testrun

(...) Yes. One of the best sources of weight is to make the train longer! More cars means the train cannot go as fast. As long as you don't have long downgrades, that solves the problem. ++Lar (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Melting point of LEGO (was Re: Result after testrun)

(...) It traps Internet Explorer too - rather annoying. I do find the "custom weight bricks" quite interesting. I'm guessing you just poured some molten lead into the bottom? Reflex reaction is that "it'll melt the LEGO", but obviously the melting (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Result after testrun

(...) The URL you gave is a "back button trap" once you load the page you can not back out (Netscape) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Result after testrun

Dear all! As some might know I am currently finishing some new MOCs. Today I ran some testruns of the train and faced these problems: The Engine: A little higher than normal, 6 stud wide and 28 studs long. Has two 9V-motors. The problem was that it (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: V188 Diesel Locomotive

(...) Thank you Bill,so far this is my only planned locomotive. But I do intend to enlarge my other images as well, this first one was a test. As for the new steam loco kits, I've never been much of a steamer fan and my LEGO® budget is now (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Thomas reference page

I have set up an FTX page with a lot of links to the various forms of Thomas done in LEGO. I'll add more as I find them or as poeple tell me about them. (URL) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: More PNR train info...

(...) Hey Josh, your SD-9 is the best of the bunch. Keep up the good work. -Harvey (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  More PNR train info...

I've done some more work on the descriptions, and added 2 prototype pictures for each model: SD9-3: (URL) Snoot: (URL) there will be more info soon, and tips, possible instructions, detail shots, and "miniscenes" of the former rail roads that make (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: V188 Diesel Locomotive

Harvey! Great website and wonderful detail in small packages. You should go all out and show all your engines as well! Hopefully I will get a site going of my MOC too, yet prolly not for some time(no skill nor time for it yet) Good luck to you, Bill (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greenline: My first attempt at my own train

(...) Yeah, the midsection is tough to design-- with 8-wide I got one that looks ok, but there are still some gaps here and there when turning... I guess Lego just wan't meant to bend like that :( You can see some great pictures of the actual Boston (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online! / wheel ring info II

(...) Wow! Looks as if LEGO® made these themselves, good job...-Harvey (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: New 8-wide passenger train online! / wheel ring info II

Hey all I have been in contact with Stefan on the metal rings. You can see them here - (URL) anybody is interested, I will be placing an order shortly for myself and anybody else who is interested. Stefan says there are ~$5 each and "znap" over the (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greenline: My first attempt at my own train

(...) Thanks! Jonathan (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Excellent work on the train. Thanks for sharing. Bryan "Jonathan Lopes" <cityboy4k@aol.com> wrote in message news:GD4K5H.Ko9@lugnet.com... (...) there (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greenline: My first attempt at my own train

(...) Hi Bryan, Here they are. Aside from the mid-section I think it *looks* good, but there are many, many flaws as I'm sure you'll be able to see. www.brickshelf.com/c...cgi?f=4476 Enjoy & thanks for the feedback on my town! Jonathan (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

(...) lol, Oops, I guess I should have been more careful with my wording-- that's funny! -John (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Another alternative loco for Metroliner

(...) Thanks! I also like it better than the Metroliner! It's a 6-wide. Something that we can't see on the picture, it have 3-points working headlights. See this picture: (URL) picture is not very good but it shows what it have to show! :-) Pierre (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

I agree that the folding legs are the way to go if you want to save space in transporting them and setting up. I used the "conventional" bolt on legs for a year and that was all I could take. I was tired of being the last group to leave the train (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, John Neal writes: <snip> (...) At first I tried to imagine a rim of LEGO 2x4s reinforcing the tables! :) Build well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

(...) Ahem, well, okay then:-) First off, I will say that there is no current "standard". The GMLTC used 30"x45" tables for our last layout (actually just a skosh longer on each dimension to avoid module buckling). This size is convenient because (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Another alternative loco for Metroliner

Excellent work, Pierre! I honestly like it better than the Metroliner itself (can't tell how wide it is, though...;-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

"Pierre Normandin" <pierre_normandin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GD3L78.3sD@lugnet.com... (...) Pierre, That is GORGEOUS! It reminds me of Amtrak's "Genesis" series engines! Great work! Iain (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Another alternative loco for Metroliner

Hi all, For those who doesn't have "the" Metroliner (like me!), here's an alternative I have made. (URL) ! Pierre (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

(...) I did so, and John Neal started to reply, but then figured it would be better to discuss it here so that others could contribute to - and benefit from - the discussion. OK John - you have the floor... 8-) SRC L#765 StRuCtures (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  V188 Diesel Locomotive

Hello fellow trainheads, through the use of Webtv trickery, I've managed to enlarge the photo of my new and improved V188 diesel. It can be found at (URL) you to all who take the time to view this, criticism is welcome, -Harvey (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Subway photos

(...) OK, I posted the first batch of NYC subway pics: (URL) are just a few now. I will upload more tonight. I am trying to not only get the trains, but some good shots of the stations, turnstyles, ticket counters, etc. A couple of general points (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elevated Subway pix

Thanks Jonathan! Your town really looks sharp. Look forward to the train pictures. -- Bryan "Jonathan Lopes" <cityboy4k@aol.com> wrote in message news:GD2w59.Er7@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elevated Subway pix

(...) I will take some pictures tonight & post them tomorrow. Thanks for looking & taking the time to comment. Jonathan (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elevated Subway pix

(...) Thanks From the green and white train in this picture: (...) Actually, there was discussion a while back abt Bostons Green line & that train is what resulted from those discussions, from me. (thats my first attempt at a train). The Station was (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elevated Subway pix

I would enjoy seeing more detailed pictures of the El train in Jonathan's layout! Bryan "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:GD2rJy.3G4@lugnet.com... (...) more (...) from (...) it's (...) and (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elevated Subway pix

(...) Very nice. From the green and white train in this picture: (URL) I take that you are modeling Boston's El? Chicago's certainly is more well known, but you have done an excellent job of capturing the feel of El from my remembrances of the El in (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online! / wheel ring info II

(...) The guy with the big metal wheel rings for the Thatcher Perkins type wheels has asked me to post his address here (he has never posted to lugnet). You can reach him under this mail: stv@fgan.de His nick ist "Rat" and his real name "Stefan (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Subway photos

(...) Ooh, yeah, we at the GMLTC are right in the middle of building our subway, as am I with my home layout:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Subway photos

A while back, someone had asked about getting subway photos for a project they were working on. I have been taking the digital camera to work to photograph the subway stops and some of the trains. I am going to try to get some interior shots of some (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Can't get to LEGO.com

(...) Nope, I simply cannot get to LEGO.com in any way, shape, or form. Every request times out. I don't know enough about the way the 'net works to guess as to why this is, but when I ping lego.com the name does resolve to a numerical address (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show of hands

(...) Large green with tender - got that two weeks ago. Now I have a small brown with tender too. It had to be the biggest one first - best value for money, even if all you want is the parts. Add up the cost of a wagon kit, plus buffers and wheels (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: POV picture of my SERIE16 locomotive on 9v straight track

Ludo, I have tried to download the .dat instructions, but the download says I don't have "permission". I'd like to see the instructions. Thanks for the correct link, Ahui! later, James Mathis (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: POV picture of my SERIE16 locomotive on 9v straight track

Here is the correct link for the image (URL) Herrera Very Nice rendering Ludo (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: POV picture of my SERIE16 locomotive on 9v straight track

(...) Ludo, you gave us the wrong link. I too look forward to seeing your model as well. -Harvey (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: POV picture of my SERIE16 locomotive on 9v straight track

(...) Looking forward to seeing it! later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  POV picture of my SERIE16 locomotive on 9v straight track

Hi, For the interested ones, here's a link to my Serie16 Belgian locomotive standing on the *** 9v straight track ***. (URL) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) We found a picture in a book on bridges. There was only the one picture, in the 'down' position. We took a pencil and drew arcs on the picture (from all the pivot points) to figure out how all the moving pieces worked. It was a very popular (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show of hands

I got mine yesterday. A large black with tender. Haven't had a chance to build it yet. Looks nice though. I have never been a huge fan of steam engines myself though. I would probably pop if they would go this same route with some diesel engines. I (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online! /wheel ring infos

(...) Hi all, some people have experienced with these big spoked wheels without rims. (URL) Michael Schian cut of just one of the two flanges of the wheel to get a train wheel. (URL) now Holger used the unmodified wheels plus a metal train wheel (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Can't get to LEGO.com

(...) Hi Matt, try this link: (URL) this for all 5 colours: (URL) should be able to look at the pictures on www.lego.com without any java rubbish then. Otherwise you might try it on my page: (URL) Regards, Ben (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Can't get to LEGO.com

Geez, Everybody's talking about these cool new trains but for some reason I haven't been able to get to LEGO.com - it just times out. I've tried every day for a week now. I'm travelling in New Zealand and am on a cheesy dialup - which may have (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) Indeed. We always have multiple bridges connecting tables at all PNLTC shows. Another, similar idea is to build a table lower than the adjacent table, creating an opportunity for a rampless bridge. Any good model railroading book will confirm (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show of hands

(...) Not exactly... I suspect it has less to do with like/dislike, and more to do with existing resources. Personally, I think the black and blue engines both look quite sharp, but the colored parts that make them unique already exist in my (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice needed...

(...) I'm not sure what blue 12V track sells for but I know it's not worth a small fortune. The trains are far more expensive than the track. (...) I agree, it's only fun to have a 12V track if you have a lot of the remote controlled pieces. If you (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Improved V188 Diesel Ready To Roll

Hello all, I've just completed the improvement of my V188 double-diesel locomotive. This version sports the triple headlights and rounded roof. Also check out my improved silo wagon, both can be found at... (URL) me know what you think.-Harvey (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice needed...

(...) In retrospect I must agree with Rick, I myself only build and run 9V. I can tell you now that the 9V track is a hell of a lot more reliable with less chances for stalling trains. -Harvey (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice needed...

(...) I'm the opposite. I say don't get sucked into 12v. The track is difficult to connect, impossible to keep clean, and unrealistic in appearance. I myself have a 4'x8' layout's worth of 12v equipment that I never use, but can't bring myself to (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  8 more pictures

I've uploaded 8 more pictures: SD9-3 Blue & Grey (1st B&G I built, also the first "white nose"): (URL) High Nose (also B&G, soon to appear in a photoshoot, *wink, wink*): (URL) finnaly, 6 4x8 containers & 1 4x18, waiting for use...: (URL) is (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) Its real, I live near a large one: (URL) are some great pictures of it (The bottom of the page there is a panaramic shot of my hometown, Hancock, the bricge is on the right.) Josh (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice needed...

(...) Sell the lot for $25, just kidding!!! No, anyway it sounds to me like you have the good foundations to start a decent 12V layout. I'd say "Time to scour Ebay and Brickbay for even more!"-Harvey (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show of hands (there here)

(...) Well so much for May 30th, there here now! The boxes look cool, now it's time to build and see how the trains look... Build on... Robin (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Advice needed...

Say you've just bought this box of old blue 12V track, mainly for the sentimental value (always wanted to but never...). Say somewhere in the back of your mind you're thinking, in a few years time I might start doing some trainmodelling. What would (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

"John Gerlach" <john.gerlach@bestbu...om.nospam> wrote in message news:GCo6oJ.5v5@lugnet.com... <snip> The GMLTC had a bascule bridge on our last layout: (...) </snip> That's a very unusual design for bridge.... Is it modelled after an existing (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Leaving back to Victoria

(...) Bye, I'll miss you! It's been nice having a local Lego friend. Safe journey and good luck in your new place. Cheers, Heather -- Heather Patey Pirate Wench / Brick Detective LUGNET Member #490 (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.ca.nf, lugnet.loc.ca.nf.stj)

  Leaving back to Victoria

Howdy all, I'm going/coming back to Victoria. I'll be off line for a bit (if you are wondering where I am). I should be posting again in ~3 weeks or so. For those of you who care, my Email stays the same (from here) James (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.ca.nf, lugnet.loc.ca.nf.stj)

  Custom Train Arrived!

I'm sure a lot of North Americans will get their trains today. I will let the kids open and build ours (before it subsequently gets cannibalized;-) -John (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: New 8-wide passenger train online!

HoMa & Ben That's right. Another AFOL from the german forum asked his metall-working colleagues if it would be possible to make some aluminium rims for the old spoked wheels - and it WAS possible. The engine runs brilliant on the tracks. Any (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online!

(...) "Riviera-Express" (...) I am most intrigued by the creative details of the baggage and restaurant wagons! The "tricks" used for the kitchen window/doors upside down are clever. Roof-top details and interior items are such nice accents. Love (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online!

(...) Ah, I wondered if that was the handiwork of Ben's friend.... I'm glad to hear that they work! I like this kind of innovation, because I fear that such train specific elements (large drivers, etc) may not be on TLC's short list of parts to (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online!

Hi John, (...) as (...) Thanks! (...) outer (...) That's right. Another AFOL from the german forum asked his metall-working colleagues if it would be possible to make some aluminium rims for the old spoked wheels - and it WAS possible. The engine (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online!

You *have* been busy, HoMa! An excellent creation, and wonderfully detailed as well! Very nice:-) I have a question about the drivers-- they appear to be LEGO, although the outer rims appear metal.... Also, no need to follow-up to .build; just (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  New 8-wide passenger train online!

Hi folks, I just uploaded some pictures of my latest train project: The "Riviera-Express" which was operated by the "Deutsche Bundesbahn" in the 1960s. It traveled from Hamburg through middle Europe down to the sea-resorts at the italian Riviera (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Show of hands

Well thanx for all of the reply's. I take if from the info, very few people like blue, and knowone likes black. Can not say that I blame you there. Well hopefully by sometime Wednesday we should all have are sets. Thanx again for the info Cameron (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: about new trains

(...) Short answer: That is absolutely correct! Leg Godt! Ben (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  about new trains

Am I correct in thinking that the color bag is the same across all 4 models? Am I correct in thinking that if I had one tender, one small train, one large train and one of each color I could buile (not all at once) every model? (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show of hands

(...) I have ordered one loco in each shape (big with tender, big without, samll with tender and small without). I decided to buy the ones with tender in green, the two others in brown. If I buy one or two further locos I would chose the dark gray (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  October 20, 2000 Meeting at Cary Clark's

I just uploaded some pictures from the October 20, 2000 NCLUG meeting at Cary Clark's: (URL) were: Cary (center in oct-06.jpg), Sheree Rosenkrantz (right in oct-06.jpg), James Beerman (left in oct-06.jpg), and myself (behind the camera...). You can (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where to start

(...) your line of cute little railcars... any chance you'll be making it commercially available soon? ++Lar (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SW-something switcher

(...) Thanks (...) The gap is only about 1 mm. I can force the bricks to snap together but I think that will damage the bricks if they are left too long like that. (...) I see what you mean... I'll work on it. (...) I came up with this as a (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact