 Trains / 11161
Re: Subway photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 19:19:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

I have been taking the digital camera to work to photograph the subway stops
and some of the trains. I am going to try to get some interior shots of some
of the cars this weekend.

Would anyone be interested in seeing these?

Ooh, yeah, we at the GMLTC are right in the middle of building our subway, as
am I with my home layout:-)

OK, I posted the first batch of NYC subway pics:

There are just a few now. I will upload more tonight. I am trying to not
only get the trains, but some good shots of the stations, turnstyles, ticket
counters, etc.

A couple of general points about the NYC stations though...they are all
somehow different. I think you would be hard pressed to come up with a
station MOC that didn't look like some station in the city. You can see from
some of the station shots, that the I beam support columns are yellow.
Others are blue. Others are bright orange. Some platforms are very narrow,
while others are quite wide. Some have a single entrance through which you
can pick up a train bound in either direction. Some have one direction/one
entrance on one corner of the street, while the opposite direction/entrance
is on the other side of the street.

I am going to try to get more shots of the trains themselves, as well as the
interiors of a couple of different lines. I will probably wait until this
weekend though so I get shots with empty cars.

Sorry for the quality, the subway tunnel is not the best lighting! If anyone
needs any specific details shot, please let me know.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
AFOL