 Trains / 11140
Re: Bridge Building Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 08:18:13 GMT

Duq wrote:

I'm not a LEGO trainbuilder, but I've been into model trains for years. and
this is an idea I got from some modeltrain book: forget about ramps. What?
Forget about ramps. Think Moses, mountain....
If it's hard to raise the level of your track, lower the base of the bridge!
Ever thought about a bridge between two tables?

Duq

Indeed. We always have multiple bridges connecting tables at all PNLTC shows.
Another, similar idea is to build a table lower than the adjacent table,
creating an opportunity for a rampless bridge.

Any good model railroading book will confirm that this is preferred to trying
to fiddle with inclines, which in scale modeling have a tendency to cause
derailments unless very carefully aligned. And the prototypes avoid ramps even
more than model railroaders.

Good call, Duq.

Rick Clark