 Trains / 11037
Re: Bridge Building Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:33:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:

i've been pondering building a draw bridge between two tables.  i was
wondering if anyone else has tried that.  it would be easy for 4.5v but i
imagine you would have to custom make some rails to get the electrical
conncetion for 9v or 12v.

Nope. Just embed connectors somewhere in the bridge and leave a one stud gap
between rail ends. At least that is what I did. That is not the hard part.

I htink your big problem with a two table draw bridge is keeping the alignment.

Hmm...lift bridges that I know of:
Mine
Ben Fleskes
GMLTC(?)

I am sure other people have made lift bridges, which are far easier than a >draw
bridge in Lego.  (at least, I think they are easier...I haven't built a draw
bridge).

I've built a draw but not a lift. I think draws are easier since you don't
have to syncronise the two ends across the span, just the two sides across
the track.

++Lar