 Trains / 11038
Re: Where to start
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:49:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ronan Webb writes:
Thanks James
Now I might find my bearings.
4565 looks better to me too if I can sell the idea to the kids.
What about the 4558 metroliner (as a building/play set not as a collectors
item)? A 4558 has been offered to me for c. $100.

If it is reasonably complete that's a good price. At that price point I
would not be a stickler about stickers being present, or all of the rare
parts as long as it looks presentable when built.

What about extra carriages (assuming i went for the freight train)
there's a girl here who wants something for a whole load of passengers :)

Build those yourself. From what i hear, though, you should avoid the
wagonplate and wheels set until it is clear that TLC has resovled the QC
problem with it.

++Lar