 Trains / 11059
Re: Where to start
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 01:12:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lester Witter writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

The wagon plate is supposedly warped. I didn't buy any of these, wagon
plates are for wimps who can't build proper subframes for themselves, so I
can't say, but I digress. • ......

HTH.

++Lar

Can you direct me to any sites that show subframes construction. These details
are not easy to see in most model pictures

Lester

Here is a way to build the ends of the frame:

It uses a 1x6 plate with wagon end, 2 2x8 plates, a 2x4 & technic 2x4 (or
technic 2x8) plate, and a 4x6 plate.  Place at both ends and fill in the
middle, and it'll be complete, add the Cab & all, then you're done, like in
my Pre-production model of a SW1000:

Josh

P.S. Larry, I've given up on the frames, they're too cheep.