 Trains / 11032
11031  |  11033
Subject:
Where to start
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:30:55 GMT

Hi,

New to trains - just the station so far ...
looking for advice on what to get or look out for.
Have to remember youngsters (5.5 & 7.5) who aren't too keen on used sets
(it's great opening those baggies) so I may have to spring for a new one
first time out.
Anyhow, what should I look out for - 4561, 4565 ?
I gather so far that 4561 is dull (attractive box though for kids),
4565 has no control pad and earlier models are hardto get and very
expensive.
Both seem to have simple oval track set-up.
What amount/types of extra track to make it interesting?
How much of an outlay for a good startup?

Any thoughts appreciated.

TIA
Ronan