 Trains / 11062
Re: Where to start
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 03:41:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Josh Baakko wrote:

It uses a 1x6 plate with wagon end, 2 2x8 plates, a 2x4 & technic 2x4 (or
technic 2x8) plate, and a 4x6 plate.  Place at both ends and fill in the
middle, and it'll be complete, add the Cab & all, then you're done, like in
my Pre-production model of a SW1000:

Having just completed an SW1500,

It IS funny that everyone is building SWs.

Mine has been on sale since February and I'd refer you to the listing(1) for
it which has a WEALTH of prototype info available. Although the listing
doesn't mention it, the kit comes with extra parts to make a number of
different variations including single and stepped notch, as well as
notchless, and for cab variations (straight front or bulged lower front...)

dimensions are fresh in my mind and while yours
is cute, it seems quite dimunitive

I'd have to agree, Josh's is too short and too low at this point.

1 - www.miltontrainworks.com has the listing. Scroll to the bottom of it for
the prototype references

++Lar