 Trains / 11048
Re: Where to start
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 03:34:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Build those yourself. From what i hear, though, you should avoid the
wagonplate and wheels set until it is clear that TLC has resovled the QC
problem with it.

Eh? Tell me more about this QC problem? I bought two sets of that but haven't
taken them out of the bag. What's the problems?

The wagon plate is supposedly warped. I didn't buy any of these, wagon
plates are for wimps who can't build proper subframes for themselves, so I
can't say, but I digress.

That is, if you set it down on a flat, true surface, one corner sits above
the surface. You can still use it in a box car or whatever but it may
possibly have a long term tendency to loosen the bricks plugged into it.

Not a huge flaw if you are desperate for a plate but unless you are, might
as well wait.

What I heard is that every single one in the production run has the problem.
I XFUT lugnet.lego.direct, we have not had an official comment yea or nay, IIRC.

HTH.

++Lar