 Trains / 11193
Re: A few questions about the new trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 16:16:33 GMT

It looks like in the pictures at S@H that there was a motor included with
the set.

And it looked like the motor was on the tender on the sets that had a
tender, in the pics at S@H.

Hmmm...it looks like getting one of those trains as a train starter would be
rather expensive.  Thanks for your help.

Adam

In lugnet.trains, Martin Scragg writes:
From: "Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@home.com>
In the description of all of the new trains it says: "Lights, motor and
tracks sold separately."  I'm wondering what it means by lights and motor?
For the lighting, does it refer to something like this:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5310 or is it something else?
That is one alternative, but the lighting instructions just show the bulb
brick with a headlight reflector brick arrangment.

As for the motor, I thought the motor was the wheel set with the silver
metalic wheels?
It is, but it does not come with the train, it only comes with sets of
plastic non conducting, non driven wheels, in otherwords it comes as a push
train.

And would it also be safe to assume that there are no train connecting
wire included with the new train sets?
All you get is what is pictured, a push train, in the colour you select.

And what is a Tender?
The tender is the small vehicle behind the engine, if you look at the ones
without the tender, you will notice that there is no small vehicle there.
The tender is where the fuel for the train is stored, wood, coal, whatever.

And thats it.  Phew!  Ok, now who has some answers!
Not me, I'm fresh out :-)

Also, for those who have some/any of the new trains why haven't you said
anything about them?  What are they like?  Or have I just missed any • reviews
of the sets?
They have, they did, and you must have been sleeping.  There has been heaps
of talk about them lately.

Martin
(Not a trainhead, I just have a few train sets).