 Trains / 11178
11177  |  11179
Subject:
Result after testrun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 18:31:41 GMT

Dear all!

As some might know I am currently finishing some new MOCs. Today I ran some
testruns of the train and faced these problems:

The Engine:
A little higher than normal, 6 stud wide and 28 studs long. Has two
9V-motors. The problem was that it derailed in curves, even that it had
weight bricks in it (the 12V type).
The solution was to move the weight bricks to under the car between the
motors.
This doesn't matter as there should be something anyway. But what do people
do when they want to run a train at full speed?
The magic trick in all cases is weight in the right place.

The cars:
2 cars 34 studs long 7 wide and 1 brick higher than normal. The cars weren't
supposed to have anything underneat (most Russian cars don't), but now they
will, otherwise they would be thrown off in the first cornor. I tried
several things:
1. Some weight added directly to the bogies, but that made it even worse.
2. Some weight added under the car. Still not perfect but better.
3. Some weight added under the car under one brick, so the weight would be
closer to ground. That made the difference, but the cars do lift a little in
cornors, but I can live with that. This is teh solution that I am going to
use.

The weight I have added are my self-made weight bricks
www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/modify01.htm

Some pictures should be up next weekend.

LMKWYT
Sonnich