 Trains / 11187
Re: Melting point of LEGO (was Re: Result after testrun)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 02:21:40 GMT

"Sonnich Jensen" <sonnich@hot.ee> wrote in message

Also no to forget, Adrian Egli suggested to use plates under the tracks to
make the curve turn.

Sonnich

Thanks for mentioning me.  I intended to put this up for everyone on Lugnet
to see but hit the wrong reply key :-}  Well, I mentioned to him that if you
place 2x2 plates beneath the outer ties of a curve (the longer path) you can
produce a banking, like on race tracks, of the rails.  You might get by with
just one per but I've had better results using two 2x2's stacked beneath the
outer edge of the tie.  NOTE:  if your track layout is on a rug, this might
not work very well, but if it is on a flat table, wood flooring, stuff like
that, it should work well.

Adrian