 Technic / 4827
Re: Yet Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 20:17:26 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark writes:

Funny, but there may be some truth in this - you know these problems you
come across that require days or even weeks of thought to solve, and then
the solution just seems to pop into your head in an instant? I suppose in
a mental way your mind really does bend itself rather than the spoon when
this happens, at least it certainly feels that way :-)

I've had this happen to be and it has left me strangely dissapointed because
the idea's popped into my head it kinda feels that 'I' didn't come up with
it, you have no way of tracing how you came up with the solution, it just
appears in your head, so it feels like it's been gifted to you by some
outside force rather then a result of mental toil and effort.

Also having enough parts to muck about with while a model is halfway
through being built is a good way to avoid breaking it down for other
projects.

I've only recently acquired enough Lego to afford myself this luxuary.

I hope to finish my own building area so that I can keep my LEGO out
all the time, so that I can build when I feel like w/o having to spend
half an hour taking all the bins and tackle boxes out.

Me too.

At the end of the day there is just too much soul put into these models
to think about breaking them down... the cost of the components compared
to the effort put into building them is miniscule.

This is starting to happen to me two.

Steve

One more thing, I plan to build a mobile crane and I want two pairs of
flashing lights, one front and one rear. This is going to cost me £20! Why
can't Lego make a bulk pack of four for a tenner! It smacks of profiteering!