 Technic / 4802
Re: Yet Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 19:45:47 GMT

olivier wrote:

I just watched the videos and the DAT files: really impressive! The chassis
is just packed with gears. I really like the way you positionned the motors
in the chassis.

Thanks! Even if I can't model the real thing exactly, I try to put the parts
that are semi-equivalent in similar places to achieve some of the more subtle
visual and mechanical (such as weight and centre of gravity) effects of the
real thing.

I need to lean to slow down when building my models. I get about half-way
done, then I start thinking about the next model and end up with sloppy
finish.

Yup :-) I always find there comes a time, particularly if you are finding a
section of the model hard going, when it becomes tempting to abandon it for
something else.

From the videos, I see that all the functions work very well, including the
driving. I am impressed at how fast the truck moves when powered by the
small black battery box.

I actually thought the truck was a bit sluggish, but if you look at the chassis
it should be possible with very little reworking to place another drive motor
on top of the original one for extra power. Saying that, if it were to move
much faster then manouevering it would probably become tricky.

The black battery box lasts a surprisingly long time believe it or not.

Jennifer