 Technic / 4825
Re: Yet Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 19:18:26 GMT

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:3AF18C05.5CC39618@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk...
I do indeed have multiple versions of various parts of the model, and the
number of attempts needed varies considerably. I probably need about 3 to • 8
steps for relatively simple parts, but this will increase if, for example,
there are other mechanisms competing for space in the same area, such as • the
boom lock and rear bogie gears on the truck. In the latter case the • complexity
seems to increase exponentially.

Sometimes I have major and minor versions, as it were; there will be an • idea,
then I try out all the sub-possibilities of that idea, then try a • radically new
direction, and so on. The boom lifting mechanism was like this in that it • took
about four major versions to get it strong enough to lift the skip; • previous
versions eventually worked after quite a bit of tinkering but were too • weak.

I am probably quite a slow builder in this regard, but usually I get there • in
the end ;-)

Jennifer

Sounds familiar. I think I've built 10 chassis' for my crane before I was
satisfied. I lost count with the number of boom lifting mechanism I
tried....

Duq