 Technic / 4808
Re: Yet Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 20:19:27 GMT

Dean Hystad wrote:

The scale is perfect
(well, if the driver is Andre the Giant.  Why can't the lego figures and
wheels relative scale be more realistic).

Oddly enough, the size of the wheels (at least in diameter if not wideness) is
perfect for the Technic figures; the scale of the wheels relative to the real
truck wheels is 1:20, which means the Technic figures are exactly 6 feet high.
At first I thought the truck was too big for the Technic figure, but if you
ever stand next to one of those trucks in real life they are actually pretty
massive.

One of the great building moments of this truck was creating the interior of
the cab to scale from a cross section obtained from the MAN website; once built
the Technic figure fitted perfectly behind the steering wheel :-)

Jennifer