 Technic / 16165
Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:54:55 GMT

Looks like 2008 will be another crap year for Technic. (2004 anyone? that year
alone almost made me gave up buying any new Lego).

Oh well, can't complain too much, we had 3 great consecutive years (2005 gave us
the mighty 8421, 2006 a large assortment of pretty good and big models (huge tow
truck, farm tractor, fire truck, crawler crane) and 2007 had the mighty 8275.

Looking at the new larger sets, was it too much to ask for an actual pneumatic
excavator, with 3 pistons (one for the bucker)? For a super car with working
transmission and gear box? And as for the telehandler - meh. The 8455 backhoe
from 2003 looks 10 times more interesting than this.

A new helicopter would have been REALLY nice - what was the last one, 8444? And
it sucked. Or how about a boat? Or a plane, like 8855 Prop plane?

Yeah, it's hard to be impressed when I already have most of the best technic
sets created in the last 30 years...