 Technic / 16108
Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 01:51:31 GMT

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message
Actually, you're partially mistaken. The NXT cable are a six-wire cable
with an
offset RJ-type plug, while the PF cables are four-wire with a 2x2
partially
studded end, so to first order they are not interconnectable. However,
LEGO has
released converter cables that allow you to connect the PF cables to the
old-style 9V leads, and there is the previously released converter cable
that
allows the NXT port to be wired to the old 9V system. So if you use two
converter cables (NXT --> NXT-to-9V converter --> 9V-to-PF converter -->
PF
motor), you can have an NXT directly power a PF motor.

Unless I'm mistaken, and you're talking about rewiring the PF/NXT
connectors, I do not see that a NXT-to9V convertor cable could directly
power more than one PF motor by adding two 9V to PF cables.

Directly connecting the cables will only directly connect them to the same
motor output on the PF side, unless you make modifications to the cables or
the connector wiring at each end.

You do not need two NXT-to-9V cables to power one PF motor though.  That
much I can see just by looking.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde