 Technic / 16116
Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 13:13:05 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken, and you're talking about rewiring the
PF/NXT connectors, I do not see that a NXT-to9V convertor
cable could directly power more than one PF motor by adding
two 9V to PF cables.

Perhaps I didn't explain that as well as I thought. I was just talking about
controlling a single PF motor using a single NXT output port. The requires,
currently, *two* different conversion cables: one that will connect into an NXT
output port, and terminates in a old-style 9V 2x2 electrical brick, followed by
the "PF extension cable", which can connect on one end to a old-style 9V 2x2
electrical brick, and on the other side to a PF motor.

Note I'm not talking about powering a PF *receiver* from the NXT, but powering
the PF motors directly (the same way you can from a PF battery box).

You do not need two NXT-to-9V cables to power one
PF motor though.  That much I can see just by looking.

Agree. You need a NXT-to-old-style-9V cable, and a PF-to-PF-or-old-style-9V
cable. Two different cable types. And yes, i'd like to see a more direct
solution as well :) .

--
Brian Davis

Cheers ...