 Technic / 1319
Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 03:48:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes:
. . . And pneumatics -- I don't even know
where to start. Incidentally, any recommendations for currently available
sets which are a good introduction to pneumatics?
Only Lego Dacta, the educational product line, still has the following sets
with pneumatic parts:
Set #9609 / Technology Resource Set / 1733 pieces / $230.50
(excellent set of all Technic mechanical parts);
Set #9617 / Pneumatics I: Introduction to Air Power / 75 pieces with
building instructions / 32.50;
Set #9633 / Pneumatics II (aka Advanced Air Power) / 208 pieces with
building instructions / $100.00;
Book #9634 / Pneumatics Teacher's Guide / $25.00 (no pieces but maybe some
help in creating models)
To order these sets from a print catalog or purchase them online, you can go
to Pitsco Lego Dacta at http://www.pitsco-legodacta.com.

Both Lego Shop-at-Home and Pitsco Lego Dacta told me recently that Lego had
discontinued the pneumatics spare parts, i.e., "service packs".  LSAH (Lego
Shop-at-Home) still has some large cylinders and tubing but no valves.
Pitsco has no pneumatic valves or large cylinders left in its inventory of
spare parts.

If you can place an order for at least one of the Dacta sets, then soon
after you should call LSAH to  buy 4 more large cylinders and 4 more sets of
tubing.

Have fun with air power, Miles Gentry