 General / 16948
Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:40:23 GMT

Nice topic :)

I'd say my specialty is in making accurate models in minifig scale.  I typically
spend awhile collecting pictures, descriptions, close-ups of whatever I'm
considering, and then attempt to make a no-compromises rendition of it to scale
(though, as other threads reveal, minifig scale is an enigma in itself).  I enjoy
working at that scale, because there are dozens of times when you know what you
need, but also know that the piece doesn't exist ... and then you have to get
creative, and figure out how to attach a different piece in a new orientation or
fashion in order to resemble the desired effect.

Best examples I have to illustrate this penchant are the AT-AT, the AT-ST, the
Sd.kfz 222, and my recent fascination with Jeeps.

Another specialty of mine is staying up much longer than I should because I can't
peel myself off the floor and away from the LEGO pile to go get ready for bed.

;)
shaun

Wayne R Hussey wrote:

I was just browsing and noticed one LUGNETter asking another "what is your
LEGO Specialty?"

I thought this might be an interesting question to ask the whole group.

So, what is YOUR LEGO specialty?

Mine is collecting individual elements, building space ships and other
vehicles. I have catalogued approximately 2,600 different elements spanning
all LEGO themes and age groups - from Duplo through Technic and Znap, Fabuland
through Scala - you name it. I've built many larger space ships and dozens of
smaller ones. Plus large custom models of a 727, a ferry boat, racing cars,
etc.

I know I'm not the only one who'd like to know.

Wayne