 General / 16934
Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:09:31 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Some people have been answering this with "here's my fave theme" but I think,
while interesting, the FACETS of the hobby for people are more the thrust of
this question rather than the FOCUS, if you see what I mean.

(Todd's Theme is Space, but to answer SPACE would miss the point that his
specialty is community building (among others), and Gary I's specialty is
massive buildings, and historical info about the company and parts, not TOWN)

Good point. From that aspect, beyond my apparent specialty in buying
(which I do certainly enjoy, it has been a factor in just about every
hobby I have ever participated in), another specialty would definitely
be community building. I also have quite a pasion for the history of the
brick, and while I am unlikely to contribute much, I certainly enjoy
seeing Gary's output, and my interest in the history of the brick has
lead to a few purchases. Another specialty (which tends to be a couch
specialty, but hopefully I will make a reality of it) is gaming (that is
what has driven my voracious appetite for pirate materials, and to a
lesser extent castle). I also enjoy information collection and
organization, check out my web page:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/

Of course I greatly enjoy a good debate (and we have had some good
debates, despite some of the name calling and other nastiness).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com