 General / 16926
Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:39:59 GMT

Wayne R Hussey wrote:

I was just browsing and noticed one LUGNETter asking another "what is your
LEGO Specialty?"

I thought this might be an interesting question to ask the whole group.

So, what is YOUR LEGO specialty?

Mine is collecting individual elements, building space ships and other
vehicles. I have catalogued approximately 2,600 different elements spanning
all LEGO themes and age groups - from Duplo through Technic and Znap, Fabuland
through Scala - you name it. I've built many larger space ships and dozens of
smaller ones. Plus large custom models of a 727, a ferry boat, racing cars,
etc.

I know I'm not the only one who'd like to know.

Wayne

My main area of interest is building (modeling) real life items, or my
own interpretations of real life items (especially aircraft), in the
style of "Model Team" (90% looks and detail, 10% functions) from
technifig to microfig scale. LeoCADing them using my PC is an integral
part of modeling, by the way.

Studying Lego history is another big portion of the hobby, but not in
the style of Gary I, rather collecting scanned pictures of sets and
scans of catalogs, and contributing the results to any Lego related
database where appropriate (Pause set pictures, brickshelf catalog
scans, Brickset promotional sets, set inventories).

Being online was a side effect of being an AFOL, but it became rapidly
most time consuming part of the hobby, and now it's not only a tool, but
one of the purposes of the hobby, by the way..:-)

For the buying habits, I buy sets to increase my collections piece
count, i.e. all the sets that I bought included to the big pile, but I
almost only buy the sets that I like the featured model somehow. I
generally prefer used/unused pre 1997 town sets (but generally one of
each), and from the current production (1997-2000), I only bought a few
not juniorized town sets, some technic and all MT and SW sets.

Selçuk