 General / 16904
Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:26:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Wayne R. Hussey writes:
I was just browsing and noticed one LUGNETter asking another "what is your
LEGO Specialty?"

I thought this might be an interesting question to ask the whole group.

So, what is YOUR LEGO specialty?

Mine is collecting individual elements, building space ships and other
vehicles. I have catalogued approximately 2,600 different elements spanning
all LEGO themes and age groups - from Duplo through Technic and Znap, Fabuland
through Scala - you name it. I've built many larger space ships and dozens of
smaller ones. Plus large custom models of a 727, a ferry boat, racing cars,
etc.

I know I'm not the only one who'd like to know.

Wayne

Wow ! a great conversation starter among AFOLs...Amazing how a simple
question can generate some great conversation...

My specialties vary and occasionally rotate through themes and projects...

I like to focus on a variety of projects simultaneously it seems...I finally
finished a couple 8 wide 2 door hummer style 4x4s to excise my frustration
at Lego design vehicles being primarily 1 seaters...I am also modifying some
old town vehicles into space craft and hot rods...I like to mix and match
minifigs to see what I can come up with...I balance all these small projects
by keeping 1 big hulking structure design in the backround...adding little
things here and there (not as big as your average train layout, but big
enough to accomodate a couple hundred figs)

Currently...I just created my own little webpage to showcase some minifigs
(taking inspiration from craigo and other .castle contributors).  Due to
most of my collection being stored elsewhere I am developing Ninja and
Castle theme MOCs (like a Chinese junk, Japanese style fortress, litters,
galleys, etc.) To make viewing these more palatable and cohesive I am
integrating my creations into a saga/story...

I have been slowly acquiring Star Wars sets, but I haven't done much more
than display them...I bought them after reading many reviews here...

In the past...I loved Castle and Classic space...I started collecting in the
70s and got serious in the 80s and I think many of these sets were the best.
I recently exued soe Space Creatons that haven't seen the lifht of day in 15
years...they pale in comparison to many of the new mechs and such scene
today...but I think I will post pictures to show my modest creations from
highschool/college 10-15 years ago...

Right now much of my building time is sidetracked by trading and auctioning
to get $ for the parts I need/want..it seems the sorting never ends...

This was a great topic idea...kinda like "what floats your boat today" and
"what are you doing?"  I look forward to the responses...