 Technic / *9501 (-100)
  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) Yep, and with this one using an 8-tooth gear straight on the rack, even with a solid structure you'd be very likely to break the gear. If you can supply an accurately timed "pulse", that would reduce the risk, but with the geared motors, it (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) I've always been hard on my motors, stalling them often. It's never seem to affect their performance, or even damage them. The difficult part of stalling a geared motor is containing the large forces generated on the structure surrounding the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Switch

(...) Ok, I guess I see that, although I could only find a couple designs, and they seemed much more complicated that necessary. (...) Hmm. Is motor damage likely to occur? The intention with this would be for either an operator or an RCX to briefly (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: colors of small pneumtic pump

"David Arnon" <arnon@NOSPAMsilicon-value.com> wrote in message news:GxAMC4.Hzv@lugnet.com... (...) grey, (...) While I can't say for certain, I suspect that this might be a clue: (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  colors of small pneumtic pump

I came across this store on bricklink: (URL) on "pneumatic" to get a full list incl. black, light grey, dark grey, trans-dark blue, trans-light blue & white!!) Where all those colors come from? I'm aware of that part only in yellow & blue. anyone??? (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to program 8479???

(...) Download the program and make your own barcode sheets: (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  How to program 8479???

Hi there, Do you know a way to program or to memorise a program in the barecode brick? In the instruction book, you can swipe a barecode for an entire program. Do you know a way to make our own barecode to resume the program that we invent? I (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Can't find maskofdestiny.com

Here too absolutely nothing. -- Thanx~ Nicole~ (URL) Beatty" <carbunicle@appleogue.net> wrote in message news:Gx6L77.Dpq@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Differentials, Transmissions, & Other Gear Applications

Discussions about differentials, transmissions, and other applications of gears are quite popular and important. I've made an attempt to capture these posts and provide a reference that will be useful to readers: (URL) included links to various (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Can't find maskofdestiny.com

The route to maskofdestiny.com suddenly went poof. Anyone know what is up? (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: MoTeC Winners: April

Hello, wow thanks for the votes everyone. I didnt see this thread because I have been sick for the past few days. A big thank you to Tobbe for not kicking me out, I really appreciate it. I'm sure that if I ever use anything non-lego I will (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...

"Tobbe Arnesson" <tnt@arnesson.nu> skrev i meddelandet news:3cf91959.319789...net.com... (...) Which? I thought 'impossible' implied impossible? :-) (...) Shame on you! Not knowing the famous Swedish artist, who was also an Art Professor (Lund (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC Winners: April

Hi all, Now that we have a precedence on softness on the rules, I would like to ask if people think this model is illegal :^) (URL) It is a pneumatic based adding/subtracting machine. The only rule violation is that it uses non-lego resistor blocks (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC Winners: April

horray!! (hmm this is the way its spelled???) I almost won!! ;) thanks for all of you who woted on my model, and I will come back strong later. Just give me some time! "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC Winners: April

(...) [snip] (...) Yep! (...) Does that mean it automatically goes through to June ?? 8?) (...) Make the most of it! Regards ROSCO (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC Winners: April

Wow, that's good news!~ Dang, the Shrimp Rocks! Everyone made great models, good contest. Legomaster (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...

(...) At the risk of stumbling off topic, I have some Escher links and pics that you might find interesting. We named our youngest son Escher, mostly because it's one of the few artists my wife and I agree on =) . I compiled a bunch of pictures and (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> skrev i meddelandet news:Gx1Dvs.B4D@lugnet.com... (...) discovered (...) I think I'm 'someone' :-) According to my book: "Oscar Reuterswärd, Omöjliga figurer" the Opus 1 from 1934, is "the first known case in Art (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  MoTeC Winners: April

Hi all! After some fuss about rules etc. I've decided to keep the model that "broke" the rules since it's rulebrake was minor and of no use for the model. Sorry about the locomotion. Overall winner: Brian Sadowski with his Shrimp rover! 29% of the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

<<snip>> (...) You're back in. I thought you had all six wheels set up like that. Sorry about all this fuss. I hope it did not damage your reputation in any way. I've only had two or three votes since this issue came into public and they should not (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...

(...) Nice! I'm planning a basic/minifig Escher one day, would be cool. Some of his work is actually doable in realworld LEGO. I especially like your "beam ladder", or frame.jpg: (URL) it was interesting to learn about Oscar Reutersvärd, I did not (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts?

Another version, that can't get flat (ladder shape) but can split in the middle with different connection for different nucleic acid pairs. And it is rigid enough to remain straight. (URL) of symbols for nucleic acids is of course arbitrary !!! (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...

(...) triangle: (4 URLs) first sketches of the LUGNET logo had several more studs than the final version, which resulted in an open area in the center -- like this (except for the blacklight effect): (URL) Occam's razor, it turned out that the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts?

(...) Unfortunately not. Both models must be held in your hands to hold the helix shape. Also, model 1 has to be held to keep the ladder shape (because of all the u-joints; it's not stable). The next step would be to build a little stand with a (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts?

(...) Cool, TJ! One question: will #1 remain in a helix shape without being held in it? If a design would statically remain as a ladder or a helix, I would think that it would make a *great* set for TLC to produce! (not the *whole* DNA strand, mind (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts?

(...) I finally had some free time to work on this one. I made two models, which you can see here: (URL) models aren't perfect, and are as close as I could get to making a functional model (i.e. a model that transforms between the ladder and double (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...

(...) (URL) other one: (URL) inspired by the link you've given. Thanks for all the links, Duq. They're very interesting and I didn't know about Reutersvard. I now have more inspiration :-) TJ (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...

I think you've the wrong picture in mind. The one Thomas was inspired by was this one: (URL) Lugnet logo is an adaptation of Opus 1 by Oscar Reutersvard: (URL) used this idea in this picture: (URL) got world famous. Reutersvard somehow missed the (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...

(...) Cool. Never seen someone actually take a crack at the Lugnet logo before! Might be fun to do it using the 1x1s with 4 side studs for the vertical instead of a beam turned 90 degrees though. thanks for sharing! (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  lego produces what looks like a escapement wheel

Hello, The lego Gods threw me a bone! Alfha Team sets 4793 (URL) and set 4794 (URL) each contain 2 8 toothed escapement wheels. But after several hours of play I came up with just one possible implementation of a escapement using this wheel. I have (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...

(URL) for fun :-) TJ (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general) !!

  More variations on a theme

I put up some more pictures of the Goblin theme variations on Brickshelf. I think I'll be moving along now. (URL) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Sucked in by Bionicle Marketing.

At first I resisted the Bionicle idea but was attracted to its unapologetic goofiness. Then I found I actually liked the whole deal. I'll admit not liking the Bohrok too much, but they are good enough as foils to the Toa. The upcoming phase is the (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  BrickFest 2002 Competition Rules

Please note that the BrickFest web site has been updated. (URL) has details about the competitions which will take place on each day of the event. Please refer to; (URL) the original post about this event. JB (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hitachi CX700GLS page ready!

About 5 kg. to luff the leader. I put the counterweights into the power pack. There's a door behind to reach the storage space. (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickshelf problems

I seem to be getting an error today when I upload a .zip file, when I select the "upload" button I get an IE error page stating that "server can not be found". But I can upload a .jpg file with no problem. Any one else having this problem today? jt (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shocktrooper - version 3.0

(...) Thanks Eric. BTW, I just added your URL to my site today. Later, Todd (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

Looks great, how much counterweight did you use? "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GwMyy1.LHL@lugnet.com... (...) aan (...) maken. (...) heb (...) of (...) think (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

  Hitachi CX700GLS page ready!

Nederlands Eindelijk heb ik dan zelf een pagina gemaakt met een beschrijving van de Hitachi CX700GLS van Vroom. Een jaar na dato was ik daar nog steeds niet aan toegekomen, maar stukje bij beetje heb ik toch een verhaal van kunnen maken. De bouw van (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What happened to Technic

"Steven Kaiser" <steve17@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:GwKIuM.Doy@lugnet.com... (...) seem (...) One word: Bionicle The Bionicle line has been such a big market for TLG that they are leaving the older builder bored (my own $0.02, Bionicle (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What happened to Technic

(...) (URL) argue they're not up to the "old standard", but I quite enjoyed building them (and there's some neat parts in the too). ROSCO (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  What happened to Technic

What ever happened to the larger intricate technic sets. Lego does not seem to be producing sets such as the Barcode Multiset, Space Shuttle, Airtech Claw Rig, etc. They forgot about the older builders. (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shocktrooper - version 3.0

Dang that is so cool, I have always liked that design. BTW I gotta get you linked up from my Web-Site. I'm gonna do that. I have always like your site as well. Cool. Later Legomaster www.mylegomaster.com (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Ouch!

So after intense playing with a Tarakava my finger had a "dent" in it! The trigger was in my opinion designed poorly. So I stuck on a couple ball joints. Much better. Image is here: (URL) welcome. -- Thanx~ Nicole~ (URL) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Shocktrooper - version 3.0

Nice changes, I like the hand redesign the best. The new click fingers and bulky forearms look alot better. I like the Shocktrooper Evolution pic too. It shows how your work has grown. out tk (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Shocktrooper - version 3.0

(...) A few notes on the design of the Shocktrooper: I took a largely Technic system-based approach to this MOC- about 80% of the elements in it are of a pure Technic or semi-Technic nature. I'm very satisfied with the overall look of the model. I (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New tool: Dremelego

(...) It looks just like a sonic screwdriver. Kerry (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickshelf problems

(...) Not really, some people have uploaded huge AVI's/mpegs. You might have problems with a timeout somewhere if it takes too long. KL (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickshelf problems

I guess at that size you might simply be running into time-outs on the server... Duq "jan-tore" <jan-tore@legotrucks.com> wrote in message news:GwFwDt.JLt@lugnet.com... (...) something. (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts?

Just came across this: (URL) not be exactly what you're looking for though.... Duq "Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message news:GwH7KL.B90@lugnet.com... (...) looking (...) vice (...) a (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Cat 980G Series II Finished Pics

Well, I finnaly got myself a better camera! Here is the complete 980G!! There are 13 pics, & a pic of a hat, that snuck in ;-)... (URL) tried to get pictures form all angles, let me know if you'd like one from another angle. I got a close up of the (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic)

  DNA Model Using Technic Parts?

Does anyone have any good ideas for constructing a model of DNA? I'm looking for construction ideas to create a "functional" model. It is preferable that the model can be manipulated from a ladder shape to the normal helical DNA shape (i.e. (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  New tool: Dremelego

OK, not rocket science, but here it is: (URL) folder shows the motor unit (low-speed), and the winder tool, which is the reason I built it! But there are probably a million & one other uses for it... Also a teaser shot of how I use it on my new (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

The problem I see is that you don't have anything that is regulating the outtake from the motor so you may burn of the thin threads inside. (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Brickshelf problems

Thats explains alot, I have been trying to upload a zipfile which is 36.9 MB, and the "upload" screen returns with an empty folder. Where is my zipsplit??? Thanks! jt "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:GwFp17.3FD@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickshelf problems

(...) I don't think there's any physical size limit, but I've had problems in the past trying to upload big .zip files (>5meg) - it timed out or something. So as long as your uploads are in smallish chunks (I generally limit mine to about 3meg at a (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Brickshelf problems

Hello guys Anybody knows if there are any upload limits on brickshelf? (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

(...) One other thought here (and I'm not sure how "good" it is for the motors and I know that efficiency is not the best) is that you will note if you connect two motors together with the typical electrical connection wire (with no RCX in the (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

I've got (URL) with a AC/DC-plug. Works fine for me to power 9V motors. /Pehter (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  New Bionicle Mocs

I just uploaded a bunch of mocs made over the weekend. A baby rock turtle that was seen elsewhere on brickshelf and recreated. NOTE: This was someone else's design Eric just rebuilt it for fun. (URL) variation on the Mukau, the Mukuse, using only (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Shocktrooper - version 3.0

(...) Yeah, sorry about that. The resolution of my JamCam isn't so good. I went back and re-edited the pics some- I couldn't do much about the detail, but I did work the graininess out them. I love the (...) Thanks. I think those torso parts are (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Presenters Wanted

(...) Hey John, are you thinking of recording any of these sessions to maybe put a transcript up on the BrickFest site (or wherever)? That'd be *really* cool for those of us who can't get there... ROSCO (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shocktrooper - version 3.0

(...) Hey there, Todd! v3.0 might be the best redesign of a MOC I've seen in some time, though I've got the same problem as Chris-fuzzypicitis. I love the inclusion of the Bohrok parts into this design, espacially the torso parts. It adds a level of (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Shocktrooper - version 3.0

(...) I've always liked the shocktrooper design; I feel it's one of the more innovative mecha that use the Throwbot ball an sockets. This one looks very nice, too. One thing, though - any chance of higher quality pictures? There are hints of detail (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

(...) The main problem comes from the heat generated. This isn't a problem, unless you're driving motors fairly constantly with your RCX, but can eventually cause the diodes to break down. Of course, when one half of the rectifier goes, you can (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

(...) Ooops! Silly me! Yes, the Australian (240v) train reg adapter is also 10v AC, so fine to use with RCX. ROSCO (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Shocktrooper - version 3.0

Check out the upgrade: (URL) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

The current is going through two silicon diodes though, with attendant .5 volt drop through each so consider if that will be a problem in this application. Likely its not. (...) Tom Napolitano tomnap@bersama.net (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

(...) I'd be a little surprised at a bridge rectifier which couldn't accept DC. Many electronic appliances have them these days so that it doesn't really matter what kind of wall wart you use, so long as the voltage is in the right range. The wall (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

(...) Yes. That is what I meant. I even believe sincerely that it's what I said. :-) I am not sure who exactly within LEGO first recommended it but if you dig hard enough in lugnet.robotics I believe you will find just such a recommendation.... that (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

I think you misuderstood what Larry said (or I misunderstood what you said). I think Larry was saying that you should use the wall wart from the train speed regulator, which is what Lego recommends. Also, I dont see how you could burn out the diodes (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

(...) You can do this but it's not recommended. As the RCX 1.0 has a bridge rectifier on the power input, it's recommended you use a 10v AC supply, to avoid buring out the diodes. ROSCO (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

In lugnet.technic, Mark Morgan writes:> (...) wanted to power, it is exactly what you need and no extra. Those 4548s turn up in the strangest places, though, so haunting old and poorly managed stores (TRU comes to mind, as Mark said!) that carried (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

(...) Thanks Larry and JB (via e-mail) I'll be following your advice. I'd always assumed the track power connection was hard-wired but this pic shows where a standard connecter attaches. (URL) the speed regulator facility might come in handy too. (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

(...) 4548s were 5ukp in Toysrus a while back Someone in the UK has a UK 3 pin adaptor for $5 (URL) sure you can find a UK person to trade a controller. Mark (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Powering motors from the mains

(...) Purist approach is to use a 9V train speed reg and LEGO(r) wires from the speed reg to your motor(s), possibly through the polarity reverser switch to give control. The speed reg is powered from a wall wart trafo so if you buy a UK train set (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Powering motors from the mains

I find batteries a pain, especially as there output isn't constant over their lifetime, therefore I'd love to be able to power my motors from the mains. I'd like to know what methods their are are doing this. I'd prefer a purist option but I do know (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Presenters Wanted

(...) Sounds like a great line-up, I wish I could make it! Oh, well, there's always next year... ROSCO (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  BrickFest 2002 Presenters Wanted

BrickFest 2002 is putting extra focus on both Technic and Mindstorms activities this year. With that in mind, the organizers are looking for individuals or organizations who are interested in giving related presentations. There are already a few (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Technic/Mindstorms™ competitions

The BrickFest organizers are proud to announce the details of the Technic/Mindstorms competitions to be held as part of BrickFest 2002. There will be three competitions, one on each day of the event. Friday, July 19 The Technic Competition - Scree (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) The only reason I brought it up was because of the another paragraph and the subsequent e-mail. "Personally I don't mind modifications as long as, say, 90% is LEGO. But the rules are there and if your entry does not qualify I might have to (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Key aspect and my vote

(...) I am as hard-core a purist as they come, but the above argument sounds pretty definite to me, and more so if we take into account the ballast question. Cosmetic changes, those non essential to the workings of the machine are ok. It's not like (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: John Deere JD690-B backhoe

(...) Taken right off the side of the machine! Josh (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica needs a new home

(...) Take a look at superb.net - that's what peeron uses, and they have lower end services which might fit your needs... :) Dan (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica needs a new home

Take a look at (URL) meg. free and no advertising. I am sure they would appreciate some mention of their hosting to benefit their business. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Hughes" <hughesj@one.net> wrote in message news:Gw183t.BDs@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: John Deere JD690-B backhoe

(...) All this time I thought that my dad owning his own excavation business would never get me anywhere in life. Well, today proved me wrong; it's helped my machinery vocabulary. Of course, I still didn't have any clue about the JD690-B part. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Technica needs a new home

Hi: After 6+ years on my local ISP's w3.one.net server Technica needs to find a new home. OneNet was bought out by NuVox in St Louis and tonight when I tried to update the site I found out the server is down. A call to St Louis suggests that this (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: John Deere JD690-B backhoe

(...) Thats the word I was looking for! It wasn't coming too my head then I posted. Josh (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: John Deere JD690-B excavator

(...) Hadn't thought of that! Have to try it on another model (or maybe on this one)! Josh (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: John Deere JD690-B excavator

(...) Did you try using bent technic beams for the "bend" in the boom? May look even better, if the angle is right. ROSCO (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: John Deere JD690-B backhoe

Actually, that's not a backhoe. It's an excavator. (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: John Deere JD690-B backhoe

(...) I'm pitching that camera soon, I REALLY need one that can get good pics of Lego's. Josh (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

But can you actually put batteries in the battery boxes? Lego doesn't make batteries! <grin> (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) I think it's the 2x6 weight you refer too? It's very hard to find that part outside US w/o using Bricklink since Dacta is limited. Still, they are very expensive. Come to think about it a batterybox should do the trick in most cases. The rules (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) What I meant was to ask the group if modifications should be allowed or not. Sorry if my English made you think otherwise. It's not always easy to write in English when my mind keep thinking in Swedish. Here's my text I wrote to you: "I'm (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: John Deere JD690-B backhoe

Looks very good! I like the job you did on the bucket. It looks very real. Amazing what you have done at that small scale. You really need a "macro mode" on that camera. The pictures don't do justice to your work. I hope you will post the final (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  John Deere JD690-B backhoe

This one, like my CAT 980G, is almost done, it is minus a good bucket, tracks for one side (which are supposedly in the mail!), & a few plates (also coming). I liked the cab design on it, which inabled me to use up one of those windows! It uses (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) There were personal e-mails between me and Tobbe. In an e-mail to me, Tobbe tells me, I have been found breaking the rules. He also goes on to say how he does not know a punishment, and he will ask the group. My understanding, from his (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

In lugnet.technic, Brian Sadowski writes: [Additional stuff added from Tobbe's post] (...) [snip] (...) I agree, and I don't see any problem specifically allowing non-LEGO elements such as yours in future MoTeCs, however the current rules (as (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Sorry for Double Post

Opps, sorry, I did not mean to double post that (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact