 Technic / 7521
Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 17:54:45 GMT

Another version, that can't get flat (ladder shape) but can split in the
middle with different connection for different nucleic acid pairs. And it is
rigid enough to remain straight.

Choice of symbols for nucleic acids is of course arbitrary !!!

Philo
www.philohome.com

The models aren't perfect, and are as close as I could get to making a
functional model (i.e. a model that transforms between the ladder and double
helix shape).

Hopefully this helps. If not, I hope it will stimulate some interest among
readers and provide them with a starting point to create their own designs.