 Technic / 7518
Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 15:25:27 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
Does anyone have any good ideas for constructing a model of DNA? I'm looking
for construction ideas to create a "functional" model...

I finally had some free time to work on this one. I made two models, which
you can see here:

http://www.texbrick.com/quick_pics/dna/

The models aren't perfect, and are as close as I could get to making a
functional model (i.e. a model that transforms between the ladder and double
helix shape).

Cool, TJ!  One question: will #1 remain in a helix shape without being held in
it?  If a design would statically remain as a ladder or a helix, I would think
that it would make a *great* set for TLC to produce! (not the *whole* DNA
strand, mind you;-)  I'd know I'd buy one for my kids and all of their
cousins...

-John