 Technic / 7470
Re: Technica needs a new home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 04:39:26 GMT

Take a look at http://www.ozbricks.com
50 meg. free and no advertising. I am sure they would appreciate some
mention of their hosting to benefit their business.

--
Bob Fay

THE SHOP
http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay

"Jim Hughes" <hughesj@one.net> wrote in message
Hi:

After 6+ years on my local ISP's w3.one.net
server Technica needs to find a new home. OneNet
was bought out by NuVox in St Louis and tonight
when I tried to update the site I found out the
server is down. A call to St Louis suggests that this
may be a permanant down time. They however are happy
to provide me with 20MB (with up to 48! html pages)
of space on their NuVox server as part of my ADSL
connection. They are not sure if they are willing
to honor my OneNet arrangement (100MB, CGI/PHP/FTP/
Shell access, etc).

My problem is Technica is slightly larger than that
(currently about 30MB/several hundred .php pages)

So Technica is down at least for now as I look
for a new low-cost (read: Low Cost) home. I know
that their is nothing local so I have to go looking.

If anyone has a recommendation for server space let me
know.

Thanks

--Jim Hughes
maybe at http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/technica.html