 Technic / 7531
Re: If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 21:07:03 GMT

"Tobbe Arnesson" <tnt@arnesson.nu> skrev i meddelandet
I'm planning a basic/minifig Escher one day, would be cool. Some of
his work is actually doable in realworld LEGO.

Which? I thought 'impossible' implied impossible? :-)

And it was interesting to learn about Oscar Reutersvärd, I did not
know about him despite the fact that I'm from Sweden aswell :)

Shame on you! Not knowing the famous Swedish artist, who was also an Art
Professor (Lund 1964) shows a big gap in your education!

Well, no, not really.

Besides, his pictures quickly become boring, the simplest ones (like Opus1)
are beautiful in their simplicity, the more complex ones are just boring
(overloaded with 'impossible'). The Escher pictures are much more
interesting, and 'alive'.

BTW: The book "Gödel, Escher, Bach, An Eternal Golden Braid" by Douglas R.
Hofstadter is a very interesting (but difficult) read on (some of) the links
between mathematics, art and music.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm