 Technic / 7526
Re: If MC Escher played with Lego Technic...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 00:25:36 GMT

* snip *
At the risk of stumbling off topic, I have some Escher links and pics that
you might find interesting. We named our youngest son Escher, mostly because
it's one of the few artists my wife and I agree on =) .  I compiled a bunch
of pictures and facts for my family about Escher.. so after reading this
thread you can't blame me for piping up ;-) .
http://www-sphys.unil.ch/escher/  this is a tesselation applet sort of
http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/EW/ewinfo.html  another one
http://www.jaist.ac.jp/~y-yabe/cube3/Necker.html  impossible figure applet
http://www.geom.umn.edu/bin/quasitiler/quasitiler-app  a 'tiler'

the following images I've uploaded onto my website but they are not made by
me, nor do I know who made them. They are fan-art inspired by Escher

http://www.moebius.dynu.com/7birds.jpg
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/angels.jpg  (tatoo)
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/bowl.gif
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/cat_098.jpg
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/cat_099.jpg
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/cat_103.jpg
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/cat_120.jpg
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/cat_130.jpg
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/chngoros.jpg
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/cubic2.jpg
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/depht.jpg
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/escher.jpg  (tatoo)
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/eye.jpg
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/lizardstat.jpg  (tatoo)
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/olaf6.jpg  (tatoo)
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/pandt.gif
http://www.moebius.dynu.com/twoplanes.jpg

I know it would be nice to know who made all these. When I brought them down
it was for personal reference not for reposting purposes, but there seems to
be some Escher fans here so apologies for lack of reference.

In a futile attempt to put this post back on thread.. are any of you CAD
deviants thinking about a Belvedere now? Seems like a real good use for the
medium, fantastic impossible buildings =)

cheers Joseph