 Technic / *16001 (-100)
  Modular RC kits?

Are there any kits which contain the parts needed to make my own remote-controlled vehicles and other gizmos? Ideally, I'd like something with four or more channels, so I can make something like a bulldozer able to lift and tilt its scoop. If LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Nathanael Kuipers

I am very pleased to hear the great news Nathanael! Your new model is very impressive and as usual a technical masterpiece.(By the way, I had a feeling it was going to have something to do with that 8463 set since last we talked) What I find truly (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Yeah, I'm not really sad. I was just trying to bribe him with guilt(1). It's cheaper than bribing with money ;-> -Paul (1) I think I learned this technique from my Italian grandmother... (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) -- snipped the rest of my goofy reply --- (...) Aw, you know I'm just kidding. Please, don't stop! I'm not really upset. I was just trying to guilt you into making me instructions... :-) (...) Okay, maybe I've been too pushy about the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Cheer up, Paul, he's done instructions for some of his other models. Perhaps if you bribed him??? (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) VERY cool. GREAT news. Presumably you are under NDA and maybe shouldn't have even said that much (smile) but... go you! Congrats and we'll all be waiting to see what happens... (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

I DO hope you are going to accept that invitation? Couldn't see anything bad coming from that. (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Hey Steve! How are you doing? Actually I can't give you a satisfying answer because I don't know how I do that. I just do.... :-P However I'm always convinced that sets do have a nice piece selection with which you can achieve great things! (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) It uses only one set to build! That's the challenge for me ;-) Nate (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) <snip> (...) :-S Are you sure you want me to share more of this??! It seems like it's not good for you and I really don't want to get you upset or something. Actually I feel a bit ashamed I didn't help you out more to reconstruct the models... (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Good models without good pictures is a real pity. Would be great if LEGO would support that! :-) If not maybe I should consider publishing a book with many of my alternate models.... (...) The pictures don't do it justice. The turning radius (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Well in a way you are correct. I haven't seen the black unmarked vehicle but do have received an invitation to cooperate with LEGO as a freelancer for at least 1 project... :-) Nate (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Thanks Nathan! It's always good to explore new things. That's why I try to build new and inspiring things all the time. It's also good to get a clue what your limitations are and I'm still making progression... I don't have the excavator. I (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Hi Philo, Thanks for your kind reply. I do my best. I've spent a week to come to this model and it still has some minor flaws that might need improvement, but maybe that's just my thought.. Nate (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

(...) <SNIP> (...) I was wondering what the mthod of choice for this was... (...) That helps a lot.. looks like I'm gonna need to find around 30 more switches... Best source I found Technic Wreckers has a bunch.. but I fear shipping from Australia (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) That was from LEGOWorld, October 2003 in Holland. It was an automated car assembly line, consisting of RCX controlled work carriers that travelled from cell to cell across a number of cells. Each cell had a selection of parts that it added in (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) (URL) here> or on the pic for more... I can only echo what others have wrote - absolutely amazing work! You truly have a talent and a feel for the brick. Iain (This is unrelated, and I don't want to steer this topic away from your truck - if (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  lego future models

Hey guys- I just found out something on the new technic crane that'll be coming out this Fall. According to one site, this model will be out in August, at a price of over $150.00. But I guess with such a high price, the model will be good. Here is (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

(...) I thought that might be what it was. (...) It all started when JP Brown (famous for his Rubik Cube Solver out of LEGO), made the bold statement that you could not do boolean logic using LEGO pneumatics, because of the switches. Inutitively I (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

Nathanial Kuipers- Very nice crane! Did you build it out of one or two sets of 8436? (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Wow, It's the first time I regretted not buying <set:8436>. The model is obviously better than the original 8436, if you have plans to make instructions for it PLEASE let us know while this set is still available, because for me such (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

Hello Nathanael, You are really an incredible builder! Everything here is outstanding: functionnality, design, quality of photography... I'd like to know how much time you spent on this wonder. I guess it would take me much more time simply trying (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

how do you do that? ???...??? With pieces from ONE set? I always run out of pieces or need another one of that piece (etc.). Yours look like they all belong there. Lego would have sold a lot more sets if this was the model I think. Steve (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Oh wow... Great model, and great photography! I'm totally amazed at people who can build in Technic, and it's even more impressive that you only used parts from 8436! Looks like an official model. Instructions? :) -Bryan (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) You really have quite a wide range of talent. Not only do you do good sports cars, but you have done robots, boats, people, trucks- all out of Lego kits. Maybe now you can start building construction vehicles. I assume you did not use a winch (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

I'm pretty sure that soon you'll find a black, unmarked vehicle at your doorstep, from where two men in suits will emerge to ask you to join the Lego development group. Failure to comply will result in a direct assasination, since we all know (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) Ughh... you're killing me here... I just got 8436 for Christmas... I want to build this... I need instructions... argh... I don't have your skills... I just want to recreate yours... Allow me to vent... When I was a kid the only frustrating (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) (snip) (...) Wow! Superb model, and great presentation, your photography technique is very good. of course the most impressive bit is that you did it all with 8436. Wouldn't it be great if LEGO started making fan created alternate model (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Modifying set 5600 (RC Racer)

I just picked up a used set 5600 (Radio Control Racer), thinking that I would take the wheels off, put a gearbox in to gear it down, and add some treads or fat tires, making a more tank-like vehicle my young son would be able to control. Sadly, I (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) That is really, really good - it has the essence/spirit of the real thing. It makes me want to break open the 8436 I have and build your model. Jennifer (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Using Jennifer Clark's idea

Thanks for the namecheck Nathan, I'm looking forward to seeing this model when you have completed it. I got the idea for the concentric drive in the small excavator from Issac Merkle, who had used a differential for this on a robot arm. TJ then (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  MOC 8436: Cranetruck

Being inspired by the 4100 cranetruck, I decided to build another one a bit more challenging. So I transformed the 8436 truck into another cranetruck: (URL) It has many functions like pneumatic boom and stands, rotating cabin and ofcourse steering. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

<SNIP> (...) OOPS.. I changed diagramming method to a physical ascii art diagram without clarifying it.. Below is 2 switches actuated by a slider which pushes first one switch handle (left switch) from far left to far right then when pushed past the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Using Jennifer Clark's idea

I am re-designing my track-hoe, and to do so I need to use one of your ideas. On your track-hoe, you have two shafts going through the turntable- one solid shaft and one hollow shaft. I originally intended to use a differential piece for the hollow (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loader Building Instruction Available !!!

(...) What a great teaser! Any estimate on when we'll see the rest of the pages? <drool...> -- joshua (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

(...) Thanks Steve, I was going to point Joseph there too. Who is this mr Clague guy anyway? The only mr Clague I know is my father. (...) Cool! Another pneumatic master! Kevin (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

(...) I understand the above very well, but I do not understand the stuff below. (...) I admire you doing it all pneumatically. I ended up having to have two pistons that were purely timing switches. There were races in the circuit where things (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8366 supersonic RC now half price at S@H...

(...) Why is this one more expensive than the 8475? Are they the same motors and controller? Just wondering (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  8366 supersonic RC now half price at S@H...

Exactly like I predicted it. Finally grabbed mine! https://shop.lego.co...asp?p=8366 (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders.

I like a lot to work with the Technic Link Chain and Technic Link Tread, besides the reason mentions before, because I use for for educational purposes, kids love them, having others colours could be great. It could be wonderfull to have accesories (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1038 ERBIE the Robo-Car?

(...) I have two pictures I grabbed from an eBay auction awhile back. I've uploaded them to my Brickshelf folder: (URL) (post mod) (URL) all the information I could find about that set. It looks like it was designed as a line-folowing robot, which (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

Hmm - I originally forgot to add lugnet.technic to this post, please post any comments/thoughts you may have to share with others. Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde "Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:IAyr24.C76@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

(...) You're right I believe it does.. I had forgotten how complex the page was, I had last viewed it some months ago.. I'm going through it now.....unfortunately my net connection is slightly hosed.. and Comcast is telling me 1 week before they can (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

(...) This is something mr Clague did tackle on his page. In his Quad242 ( (URL) ), he did just what you're wanting to do. In fact, if you can decrypt this page: (URL) you'll understand the secret. I believe the key is having "and" gates, where two (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic switching circuits

Ok, I've look through mr Clagues site and I undertand the basics. But I have a problem in trying to design my pneumatic/switch circuit for this big nasty walker of mine: So fist a legend: _ = Extended ~ = retracted / = transition - retracting \ = (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1038 ERBIE the Robo-Car?

(...) I think this robot chassis is for use with Interface I (1455), which in the UK was used with BBC Micros. I'm not sure whether any other computers would connect to it. It had 6 motor ports for 4.5V motors or lights, and 2 sensor ports that (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1038 ERBIE the Robo-Car?

(...) I was thinking there was a switch that you could clip on the battery box to control another motor. So, 1 box could control several motors through switches. But it's been a while... Steve (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1038 ERBIE the Robo-Car?

(...) I have one of those motors and a coupl eof the 4.5V battery boxes, I just can't imagine trying to control a two motor chassis in this way. (mental image of me with a battery box in each hand and a thumb on each of the forward/reverse levers) (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1038 ERBIE the Robo-Car?

(...) Well, that's a 4.5v motor. They had a battery box that ran the motors. (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  1038 ERBIE the Robo-Car?

Does anyone have more infomation/plans for 1038 ERBIE the Robo-Car? I fond the refence while searching Peeron, and jumped to the Lugnet Guide entry here: (URL) looks like it build some sort of dual drive chassis, but I can't imagine what powered (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My First GBC

(...) I'd say that's a really good start. Many of the modules I've seen have places where the balls get stuck. Considering the number of balls running through the contraption, it's not really a big deal. Steve (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My First GBC

All you need to do now is figure out how to stop those balls from collecting in the two places they do in the video and you're all set! ;) Good luck with it! Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde "Gustavo Brinck" <gustav@mi.cl> wrote in message (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My First GBC

(...) And it's good to start them young :) C S (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  My First GBC

Hi Today I started working on Steve's idea of GBC for next BrickFest, I really enjoyed, I even have a fan... Here is the video (URL) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

The shocks that I used are yellow ones from the 8458 set with the stiffened springs and worked well, but I actually found better springs for these shocks that were the same exact size, but slightly thicker.(See Pic) (URL) the Enzo should not have a (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Inspiration need for building chassis

There are models on this site that will blow your mind(That is unless you've already seen them) (URL) stuff. (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Misha's RX-8

(...) A wankel rotary engine indeed, I'll need to have custom parts injectionmoulded... (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Misha's RX-8

I forget; did you say you were going to try to make a rotary engine out of legos? I assume it has a rotary engine because the RX-7 had dual rotors. You might have already answered that question in a previous email, but I can't find it. (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Inspiration need for building chassis

Could anyone point me to a good resource or a bunch of links for building chassises (or however you pluralize it) for Model Team scale, with emphasis on those meant for sports and concept cars? I tried looking at the official sets, but most of them (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2005 release dates

(...) Yeah, it's actually a kind of cool process, molding two different types of plastic together into one piece. But a lot of people wanted it to be separate pieces. (...) Try BrickSet ((URL) and BZPower ((URL) for pictures and descriptions. - (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: 2005 release dates

Not to appear to stupid here, but What is a Visorak? Are there pictures out there? I got one of the TOA Hordiak ad became despondent when I discovered it's cool looking weapon was 1 part not 2 separate parts. The silver is a stiff rubbery plastic (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: 2005 release dates

(...) I think there's a couple of reasons. In the past, some of the new releases have been shipping in non-North American areas first, for a short time (a matter of a few weeks)... the Toa Nuva, for instance, came out in the UK first. From what I (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  2005 release dates

Visoraks are out already in the UK, with no sign of the Toa Hordika, which I find a bit surprising given they came out before xmas in the USA. Does anyone know why? Are they being skipped here? Maybe they will be released in the fall, when (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

(...) Supposing that post was meant as a reply to mine rather than nathanael's, here is a render of a half-completed RX-8 chassis... (URL) Misha (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

Ok, so the LUGNET policy towards discussing leaked images has changed. Fine, there's one less thing to worry about. Fredrik (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

I notice that you only use one single shock absorber for each wheel. Is that enough to carry the weight of the car? Fredrik (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

I am not sure exactly how many pieces are in this model. I know that there were about 2000 before I detailed the engine. Each valve cover consists of 36 pieces. I added about 150 pieces to the engine. While it may not be exactly 2500, the count is (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

Congrats Paul!! You did a fantastic job! This Enzo is the real deal. You certainly did prove a point! You say the car has still some flaws, but don't be so hard, enjoy this moment of what you did achieve! Because you two (Paul and Misha) make these (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

Hey Paul, Like I said before, so far the best supercar made! It beats the shit out of my viper, but I hope to catch up with my Mazda RX-8 ;-) Still, I'm quite a busy guy lately, due to my study, so it won't be finished soon. 2500 parts!!?!? is that (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MarbleWorks

(...) That is nifty! (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loader Building Instruction Available !!!

(...) To be clear, i'm not the author of the Loader BI. If you have any question about rendering, I suggest you post here on Lugnet in appropriate newsgroup (lugnet.cad for example ...). I'm sure lugnetters will try to help you giving advices in (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

Thanks for making a thread for the car Nathan. That was very cool of you! The car has many nice features and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I still will probably make some changes here and there, nothing major. Here are the weak points in (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loader Building Instruction Available !!!

Didier Enjary- I was wondering if you could help me out a bit. Like you, I am working on a rendering of a lego technic model, and I need help in setting up instructions like yours. Do you think you could help me? Thanks! (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loader Building Instruction Available !!!

(...) design and the preparation of the instructions. Spotlighted! Best regards, Allan B. (URL) The LEGO Builder's Guide> (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) I did some asking around. I can't actually say what answers I got or who I asked. But I am not as concerned about these particular images (even if, as I speculate, they are dealers catalog images) as I am about some other things that have been (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Thank you! Most of my inventory was purchased by my parents in the 80's when i was a kid ;). When I re-discovered legos as a hobby I started buying new ones, I'd say over the last year I've spent about 500$. I just purchase them at local toy (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Unfortunately I disassembled the thing before I discovered this news group, so I cannot take more pictures. I am working on a similar machine and will be sure to get pictures of the internals.. As for how many pieces are in it I do not know. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) Are the dealers catalogs public or not? Jindroush (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

It looks great! Where do you get all these lego parts? Don't they cost an arm and a leg? (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loader Building Instruction Available !!!

Yeah it's a nice loader. I looked at the final instructions, but I don't know where those hoses go. Does this vehicle use a compressor, or a pump? (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loader Building Instruction Available !!!

(...) Great! I'll definitely give it a try (the minute I have a bit more free time). Thanks, - David (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Hi, thanks for the feedback. I would prefer to use only lego elements but I am on a budget so sometimes I have to improvise. Regarding your comments about voltage, it works fine, and the motors do not get hot or anything. I was also worried i (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loader Building Instruction Available !!!

(...) ROSCO (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Very nice model, can you take photos of the mechanical inner workings? I'd be interested to see how it works. How many pieces do you estimate are used in the model? - David (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Thanks for sharing your pics. You may want to check out BrickShelf (www.brickshelf.com) as a place to host pics too... but if yahoo works for you, great! Looks a very interesting project. It has a bit more non LEGO in it than I care for but no (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

(...) technic Enzo set (which means the chances of TLG releasing Paul's model are pretty much non-existant)... I would buy that set in an instant, even though it would probably cost a pretty penny. Whenever I put together technic sets, I'm always (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

The bucket looks exactly like the real thing, the boom is good, the colors are good. I don't know much about cranes, but it looks like it will work very well. Glad to see you on lugnet. (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Paul's Ferrari

The finished Ferrari looks flawless! The front end is the best part. I would rather have your Ferrari design than the real thing. The tan seats also add a lot to the looks. Do you intend to send the idea to TLC? They have made sets out of creations (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic) !

  Loader Building Instruction Available !!!

...and it's free, thanks to FiveStarBrick (URL) Enjary (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Cable Operated Shovel

Hello, My name is Ben, this is my first post here. I would like to introduce myself and post some pics of a recent lego project. Here is a link to pictures of a rope mining shovel: (URL) thumbnails for a larger view) I built it this winter but did (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: new models 2005 (crane)

(...) I don't usually see the text "PRELIMINARY DESIGN" on LEGO publications which are intended for the public. Fredrik (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Johnny five IS alive - first MOC

(...) --snip-- good idea,I have a lot of hinge plates in my depot. So I will give a try. -------- (...) -- snip -- Yes the 4x plates are really "stressed" turning around the wheels. I think the combination of both, smaller plates and re-arangeing (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Johnny five IS alive - first MOC

(...) Perhaps switching to 2x plates instead of 4x for the tread surfaces would help - this would help to smooth the curve around the wheels, at the cost of almost doubling the number of hinges you would need to add. Otherwise, love this MOC. Great (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Johnny five IS alive - first MOC

(...) You might find that spreading the hinge plates wider on the tread shoes will help. Having them near the centre increases the "twisting" effect if there are forces near the edge of the shoes. Also, having 3 per shoe instead of 2 may help - mine (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Johnny five IS alive - first MOC

(...) Hi Thank you for your feedback and for adding my post to .technic. Yes it's true, moving is pretty jerky and because of the huge overall weight the treads will broke up .relatively often. Maybe I'll think about another kind of treads but I'll (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Johnny five IS alive - first MOC

(...) I've added .technic to the groups cos I think they'll like it over there too! Can't wait to see the finished robot - I remember Short Circuit from when I was a kid. One question I have, how smoothly does it move on those treads? I found my (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Old Lego ads from the 70's and 80's found in kids magazines

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here is where I place the old Lego ads I find when I dig through all my old kids' cartoons magazines. Hope you like them. (URL) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption 2.0

(...) ... (...) But wait, there's more... First, a friend (another Bryan) came over with his module, and then the next day, we had a club meeting, where our whole LEGO club had modules. After running Bryan's for a bit, I considered adding a "Maximum (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

In lugnet.color, Steve Dunn wrote: <snip> (...) I'm with you on that Steve: the new Technic (and other theme) instructions are getting very difficult to differentiate the color of parts, namely, black, new dark grey, and sometimes new light grey. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why Technic Pin 1/2 (part #4274) blue ?

(...) I completely agree with Jennifer's statement, we like the colours when it suits us, but not when it doesn't. Unlike bley, I think this is a problem that only creeps slowly into the minds of technic builders as we can slowly deplete our stocks (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact