 Technic / 13610
Re: 1038 ERBIE the Robo-Car?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:20:25 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Antonishen wrote:
Does anyone have more infomation/plans for 1038  ERBIE the Robo-Car?

I fond the refence while searching Peeron, and jumped to the Lugnet
Guide entry here:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1038
It looks like it build some sort of dual drive chassis, but I can't
imagine what powered it...something like set 1039  Manual Control Set?

I have two pictures I grabbed from an eBay auction awhile back. I've uploaded
them to my Brickshelf folder:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=98128 (post mod)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ClarkCorner/Vintage/TC-Logo/erbie-robo-car-1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ClarkCorner/Vintage/TC-Logo/erbie-robo-car-2.jpg

That's all the information I could find about that set. It looks like it was
designed as a line-folowing robot, which meant it has a 4.5V optosensor (light
sensor), too.

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, this may have been part of the 4.5V
computer series called Lego TC (TC=Technic Control). The software used was
called LEGO TC Logo™, a modified version of the popular LOGO/Turtle software
(the software modifications included allowing inputs). These products connected
to computers of the time - BBC Micro in the UK, early Apples, and DOS based
PC's. One of the projects in a Lego TC Logo book is creating a line-following
robot car that looks very close to Erbie.

I am very interested in Lego TC Logo products. I'm currently looking for the
interface card and a copy of the software. I hope to eventually assemble a
working version of this system. If anyone would like to share paperwork, scans,
or even pictures of the products from these lines, I'll gladly add them to my
gallery.

If you want more information about Lego TC Logo, please drop me a line. Most of
the links I have for references no longer exist on the net.

Clark

PS I do not know what the company HRM stands for. If anyone has information,
please email me.