 Technic / 13603
Re: 1038 ERBIE the Robo-Car?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:04:48 GMT

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:48:27 GMT, Steve Hassenplug
<Steve@teamhassenplug.org> wrote:
Does anyone have more infomation/plans for 1038  ERBIE the Robo-Car?

I fond the refence while searching Peeron, and jumped to the Lugnet
Guide entry here:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1038
It looks like it build some sort of dual drive chassis, but I can't
imagine what powered it...something like set 1039  Manual Control Set?

Well, that's a 4.5v motor.  They had a battery box that ran the motors.

I have one of those motors and a coupl eof the 4.5V battery boxes, I
just can't imagine trying to control a two motor chassis in this way.
(mental image of me with a battery box in each hand and a thumb on
each of the forward/reverse levers)

-Rob A>